Cats, Pipework and UpRev\Tune time!!

Glenn1981

Hi Mark,

Going to be calling you to book in my car by the end of this month, been too long that I have been waiting to do this, so I am dead set on doing this now.

Just want a bit of advice on what you (and others of course), feel would be the best plan, as I have a few bolt-ons already and the last thing I want to change is the cats before you UpRev and tune. I will probably get you to do both at the same time.

My current list of mods is as follows on a 2004 276bhp DE car, UK GT:

*CAI - Fujita or Simota I beleive from Alex, I know the 2006+ air box is better, but I love the look and sound of this thing, so unless it is a real hold back in terms of major horses then I would prefer to keep it

*Motordyne Plenum Spacer

*Buddy Club Pro Spec III exhaust from Cats back.

What I am toying with is getting the Art pipes or Berk resonated decats and then having the XYZ pipe after that on to the mid section and tail pipes of the Buddy Club. Leaving it with the straight through decat, but with the option that when MOT time is coming round, if I cant convince my mechanic to pass it as it sits, I can buy the race cat from you later on.

I realise this may be loud, but I am fine with that, like Ian I am a fan of loud!!, plus with the baffles in the buddy club it sounds very exotic and I have fallen in love with the sound! Although if it really gets too much, I can always just change the back box\tail pipes.

My questions are:

*Does this sound like a good combination of mods that will give good returns, or could you recommend anything better?

*Is it possible to do this combination, with the buddy club exhuast, the layout is here: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=42867

*Are there any other mods that I can do at the same time to aid power and torque etc?

*Could you get me together a price for the parts and work and do you have stock?

*When can I book in!! :teeth:

Thanks

Glenn

What I am toying with is getting the Art pipes or Berk resonated decats and then having the XYZ pipe after that on to the mid section and tail pipes of the Buddy Club. Leaving it with the straight through decat, but with the option that when MOT time is coming round, if I cant convince my mechanic to pass it as it sits, I can buy the race cat from you later on.

If the Buddy club fit's onto a Stock Y pipe then you can fit a set of ART's De-cats ( will help with the raspy noise) and a XYZ with a de-cat. As you say if the car "wont" pass the MOT you can fit a race cat to the XYZ Y pipe.

I dont have stock of the Motordyne Y pipes but should have a delivery date this week for our shipment.

To supply ART's, Y pipe with de-cats , fit the parts and dyno tune;

£1475-00 inc vat ( Motordyne stuff is discounted)

It maybe loud thou , your been warned.

Thanks for your reply Mark!

I know it is going to be loud, maybe I should have a look at a different exhaust eventually, although I run with the bungs in most of the time and that actually sounds great.

You carry stock of the berk resonated decats and hfcs don't you too? Would you mind dropping me over the price of those and the art pipes on their own. I think the buddy club is very different to stock, it has it's own y section that I have on the car at present so I may have to stick with that, i remember it was hard to find replacement gaskets for.

I will give you a call to book in this week, just need to look when my mot is tonight, would make sense to get this done first I guess.

Also on a separate subject, I know you have fitted the tein super street kit with edfc before. Did you lose the oem strut when you fitted this?

Cheers

Glenn

You carry stock of the berk resonated decats and hfcs don't you too? Would you mind dropping me over the price of those and the art pipes on their own. I think the buddy club is very different to stock, it has it's own y section that I have on the car at present so I may have to stick with that, i remember it was hard to find replacement gaskets for.

I think your correct your have to keep the Buddy club Y pipe, gaskets I am sure we could supply if you do need to buy them again, so to keep the car MOT legal your have to fit high flow cats, I dont keep stock but I can order in , but if you are willing to swop the cats over at MOT time I do carry Motordyne ART de-cats and Berks de-cats. But we could modify your Y pipe to take a race cat/de-cat pipe if you wanted , I would need to work a price out but this could be done quite easily.

We have fitted Tein Super with EDFC still kept the stock strut brace.

Give me a ring to discuss if you want to 01883 732331 ext 1

Mark