New front dics on 14" K-sport BBK. Pics+++

GT4 Zed

After getting an advisory from the MOT boffin i decided to put fres rotors for my BBK :teeth: This set last just over 1 year including 1 Ring trip ( 22 laps) and a few other bits and bobs. I let the photos do most of the talking :p

Worn rotor. From 32mm new to 25mm and 23mm for Left and right disc repectively. Thos Performance friction 01 race pads are too bloody good :bangin: Its just chews up disc. Only down by 2mm from new :scare:

IMG_1633.jpg

Everything off doen to hub

IMG_1630.jpg

All the bolts off bar the last one @12 o'clock to unmated disc from hat

IMG_1634.jpg

Voila!

IMG_1635.jpg

Shiney new discs with bolts :thumbs:

IMG_1636.jpg

Close up of slots hmmm nice ;)

IMG_1637.jpg

Cleaned the hats:

IMG_1645.jpg

IMG_1646.jpg

Mating thenew disc to the Hat. This is the all tricky bit as you has to make sure it is centered if not you will have vibrations :scare: Usefully there are 12 bolts so it was a case of putting in 12-6'oclock and 9-3 o'clock and measure to ensure it was centered then to the rest fitting opposite ends.IMG_1647.jpg

final torque down was to 23NM as per Ksport manual :D

IMG_1648.jpg

I knew this will come in handy again :p

IMG_1651.jpg

I wired brushed all the corosion and rust on all mating surfaces and put disc back on the Hub. Also zip-tied the SS braided brake lines as per MOT advisory

IMG_1652.jpg

Finished off with cleaning disc faces with copious amount of brake cleaner before reinstalling callipers and pads. Job done!! Later took the zed out for a brake bedding-in procedure and all went sweet as a nut :cloud9:

IMG_1653.jpg

As the car was on axle stands took the opportunity to change belts OEM to Gates racing V-belts. the OEM were in a bad way :scare: Sorry forgot to take pics of this and the instal but its dead easy ;)

IMG_1639.jpg

I would advice changing your belts if they look sorry like mine were ;) The zed definately drives better after the change :thumbs: Zmanalex has these now i think B)

I did some other boring bits like lubricating vital bolts i dont want to seize since I would be undoing them soon and also dialed in some bump and rebound in the front coilovers. i had a bit of understeer i was not happy with :teeth:

The hats and every bit you need comes with the kit :thumbs:.

The only items to buy is racing brake fluid and pads (if you don't want the standard pads supplied with the kit. They are very good. (@ par with Ferodo DS2500 but a bit soft for my liking)

Installation is DIY if you've got some spannering skills and can follow instructions.

An automatic brake bleeding kit will be a good investment. So will a hydraulic jack and axe stand(x4).................... makes life easy ;)

Check this link. And before anyone askes I'm not on commission. Just recommending a good product i have used for close to 2 years now :p

http://www.ksport.co.uk/products.asp?f=brakes