Loose Brake Disk?

Doug86

We are just in the process of changing the pads on my zed and we noticed that the disk was loose.

Is this normal?

I assumed that the disk would have a retaining screw to keep it tight but once the wheel was off the disk was a bit loose. Is this something to be concerned about?!

Help!

It seems to be relying on the wheel being bolted up to keep the disk tight.

Normal :thumbs: No Drama :thumbs:

We both freaked out abit while changing Dougs pads,as i could have sworn that my discs didnt wobble like that when i changed my pads. Well its all done now,and fitted back up.

New problem though.

The discs have now developed a nice blue ring in one area near the centre,so obviously getting very hot. Trouble is,we felt the disc (After a long time to let it cool down),and its rippled when you run your finger from the inside to the outside. Will the pad eventually match this,and the blue ring will go,or are the discs on their way out?

We both freaked out abit while changing Dougs pads,as i could have sworn that my discs didnt wobble like that when i changed my pads. Well its all done now,and fitted back up.

New problem though.

The discs have now developed a nice blue ring in one area near the centre,so obviously getting very hot. Trouble is,we felt the disc (After a long time to let it cool down),and its rippled when you run your finger from the inside to the outside. Will the pad eventually match this,and the blue ring will go,or are the discs on their way out?

Your rotors are obviously worn, however the pads will bed in to match the surface of the rotors.

that would indicate the discs have got hot and warped, more likely to stay like that and vibrate under braking, you may get lucky and it goes, just carry on driving and if it vibrates under braking then new discs and pads would be required.

New problem though.

Your rotors are obviously worn, however the pads will bed in to match the surface of the rotors.

Thats what i was hoping,rather than Doug having to replace his discs.