New Backbox wanted

Neil

'There's a hole in my bucket, dear lisa, dear lisa' (oldies would remember the song).

To be precise, there's a hole on the inlet pipe so I need to buy a the complete backbox with welded tail pipes.

I'm thinking of going shiney shiney.. :D

Has anyone bought or had experience in terms of quality/straight fit etc, of these on eBay?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-350Z-Z33-03-3-5L-TWIN-TAIL-EXHAUST-BACK-BOX-/350351259992?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item51928ff958

Any advice or comments welcome guys as I need to get it right first time.

Thanks in advance

Neil

The general consensus is you get what you pay for.

They're apparently not exactly bad but fitment is an issue.......a decent garage shouldn't have too much bother but it will push the fitment price up - therefore you might as well pay a bit more and get one that will fit first time.

Tis up to you though :shrug:

Depends what your budget is like mate......£330 gets you a brand spanking Scorpion or Cobra both of which are well discussed on here and fairly well liked - fitment is good.

Little bit (£450ish) more gets you into Magnex territory (not heard of anyone having one but they used to be good) and a a lot more gets Millteck and HKS. Remortgage gets Nismo.

Depends how long your looking to keep the car but getting a stainless could save you money in the long run if its got a decent warranty.

Do the scorpion systems come with the mid pipe too? How many pieces of exhaust are there on the 350z I'm a little confused?

You can no doubt buy a full Scorpion system (front, middle and back box) but we are discussing the back box only at the moment.

This has welded tail pipes and inlet pipe to the complete silencer.

Neil

Do the scorpion systems come with the mid pipe too? How many pieces of exhaust are there on the 350z I'm a little confused?

Comes with the mid pipe, local garage fitted mine in under one hour, Max of £40 for this. Worth every penny leave it to the experts when you discover the bolts are burnt and rusted on permanently and your freezing your g*****s of on the cold damp frozen underneath. Unless of course you have access to cutting equipment a full car lift nice warm heating etc etc.

Good hunting, The Scorpion web site contain a list of all recommended dealerships.

:wave: