Door mirror stops halfway

Simonsca4

Having survived some challenging, yet exciting driving conditions of late now the white stuff has disappeared so has my drivers side door mirrors willingness to fold out. It gets about halfway out then stops. If you give it a shove when its moving it will fully extend. Strangley, it has no problem folding, is this some sort of terminal failure, which will cost me squilions or can i achieve a repair with blutac WD40 and a paper clip if you know what I mean. Has anyone else had a similar problem, is it likely to be sheered teeth off some internal plastic gearing.

Welcome to the forum :thumbs:

Not heard of that issue before, makes me think whether some debris might have got stuck or the moving parts have got some build-up that might clear with a few minutes of continually opening and folding the mirror. If not, I would be inclined to try some WD40.

Touch wood, not had this problem with the Zed, but the S15 used to have magic wing mirrors that had mind of their own. Half open and close whilst you're driving along, or stationary similar thing and often wouldn't open and close or would go halfway and that was it. Proved to be faulty wing mirror motor. That was when it was still almost brand new.

Well guess what, a quick splash of silicone spray and good as new!!!! One of the dangers of spending a lot of time on the Forum, you start thinking everything is a major problem and you start to overlook the bleedin obvious........Its like a hypochondriac with a home doctor book, yeah ive got that, yeah and that......lesson learnt, far more relaxed about all those strange noises and rattles!