Compnay car v Shed V personal lease

ewan221

On previous thread I mentioned that my boss had offered me a BMW 530 to replace my A4 that I currently have as a company car with no additional payments apart from any incraese in tax

Looks like it will cost me £200 a month in tax more than Im paying for the A4 so think I will have to pass it up :thumbdown:

I didnt actually realise that having the A4 as a company car costs me £140 a month in additional tax so now thinking is it worthwhile ????

If I dont take car I get £450 a month car allowance (taxed) and will pay less tax but would have to buy something for work (have to have a 4 door car - company policy) that does reasonable mpg but if I get a new company car car next year I will be getting a brand new car, no tax or insurance to pay and all servicing and repairs paid for and a hire car if its off road at all.

So do I buy a decent shed, maybe personal lease or just go with the new company car.

Have a search on google as there are some sites which work out the tax for you. I think one is called "car or cash", or something like that. I would also factor in things like insurance (You need full on company car cover) and tyres etc if you go it alone. You only need to damage a single tyre in a month to go badly into the red. If you go for a copmany car, just be really careful on the CO2 rating. My 2.4 Alfa nearly killed me on tax for its final year, as it was 179g or something.

Got the exact figures from payroll - Im paying £2272 a year for the A4 and would pay £4014 for the 530 so basically an extra £145 a month. While I would def prefer the 530 mot so sure I want to shell out an extra £145 a month.

Cheers for the cash v car thing :-)