Snow chains in Bristol

Danish07

hi guys! I've been kinda stupid and now I'm stuck at the bottom of an icy road in the only dry spot, where I've been parked for three weeks :D

I was wondering if anyone in Bristol had snow chains or snow socks they might lend me to get myself out of here and parked on a nice, iceless main road. Or perhaps some suggestions as to DIY fixes that'll have me driving on snow & ice :dummy:

Thanks for any help!

Dan

well your options include...

snow socks, potentially crash into a kerb or some such?

snow chains, guess they could do damage if used incorrectly and then still the chance of sliding off somewhere

tow from another car, :dummy: i wouldn't do it but then im too precious about the car :lol:

leave it where it is, is it that bad?

grit the road yourself and chip away at the ice and snow like a miner striking a vein of gold! :lol:

Doubt snow chains will do much on ice tbh. Best bet is to get out there with a shovel and grit and break it up enough to get where you need to. Let your tyres down quite a bit so that you have a larger contact patch (obviously keep enough in that the rims wont hit the floor!)