DVI D/HDMI to 3.5 AV... Is it possible

jay3032

Surely it'd be better to get a capture device for the PC that can take HDMI?

DVI/HDMI is digital. Dont really know what you mean by 3.5AV? 3.5mm usually refers to audio jacks, but I assume you are talking about video given you talk about your screen :wacko:

Surely it'd be better to get a capture device for the PC that can take HDMI?

DVI/HDMI is digital. Dont really know what you mean by 3.5AV? 3.5mm usually refers to audio jacks, but I assume you are talking about video given you talk about your screen :wacko:

Most likely the yellow RCA type cable most screens accept. Your slightly wrong about dvi being digital Chris ( a bit anal yes but important to this subject.) dvi D is digital and can be used as a dvi d cable to hdmi. Hdmi is dvi d (digital) but it also carries sound and can conform to hdcp.

Dvi d is usually pins then a cross. Any dvi d card can usually output as dvi a(analog). Pins then a line. You can a much better chance of something taking an analogue signal in car. Dvi a will connect to a d sub device aswell. So you could have dvi a to yellow or dvi a to d sub to yellow.

This is true, but as its mentioned as DVI-D in the title, thats why I made my comment. DVI-D/HDMI isnt easily (read - cheaply) converted to component output. It requires quite a bit of processing so the boxes that can do it aint cheap.

Anyway does the carputer not have VGA? Thats the easiest way to run it as most screens and PCs have VGA.