What a cop car

Emperor Ming

But Ming

Surley the point is that if the Police do not benefit from the cash raised and that their budgets are tiny, should resources not be deployed to areas that are more beneficial to the public, such as looking up chav's who trash cars and make peoples life a misery. In Caversham recently the guy who owns the local Pizza place was put in hospital because he asked some kids to keep the noise down, they beat him to an inch of his life. The kids are there everyday, like most shopping precints and park, being a pain in the ars@, so it would seem obvious that if a regular patrol went round there and told them to move on things might improve.

Whilst on the subject, if alot of crimes such as burglaries are caused by truant kids, why don't the schools let the local coppers know who the truant kids are, you could then finger print them, hey presto lock up the little shi@s

:angry:

Saw the police hiding round a corner in Staines today the f***s. On a long bend coming out of town, towards the M25... one thing in their favour is that there is a park past their position on the left.. .but it is fenced away and AFAIK there have been no accidents there. There are no speed signs as you leave Staines either AFAIK.

It is, however, a famous fast stretch with long bend and obviously a cash-rich area. Lots of trees to hide the roz. It would be terrible to take your eye off the road to watch your speedo then go off the road and run the gun-toter over.

Not like the busy bit at the end of my road where people have been killed, and there is an accident every week - never seen a copper here EVER.

J'deteste vouz, gunz copperz.

If you want them at the end of your road :wacko: phone up and tell 'em. they will i am sure be there within the week. Dont moan though when you are the first one they catch - a bloke on our street did exactly that - cos it might just happen.

It is, however, a famous fast stretch with long bend . And you are SURPRISED that they are there. :scare:

and obviously a cash-rich area The police don't get, and never have got, any money back from speed enforcement other than the maintainance of the equipment - a peanut sized piece of all monies levied.

If you don't wanna get caught, don't speed and if you do get caught DON'T MOAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :teeth:

Its like seeing a sign on a shop door that says all shop lifters will be prosecuted and then posting up that the store detectives are all fascists because you only stole a cheese sandwich worth £1:50.

Each is a law and each is KNOWINGLY broken.

I know this might rile up a few but its true. Whether we like it or not speeding is AGAINST THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its not as if we dont know. (I add the WE in there because like every other road user I do at times flout the speed limit.)

Ming the Wound up

Ming can you honestly say though that every speed camera has been put in a place where speed is an issue and by dropping the speed makes it a safer area.

Yes cameras outside schools for instance is great. But on some back road where it's there purely to make money is out of order.

Bring back more traffic cars is what I say so they can deal with all the other road crimes rather than just the speeding ones.

I agree with Mike. I'm all for speed cameras that slow people down at known accident points and past schools (much more effective than damn speed bumps IMO) but why are they needed in other places?

Prime example being the stretch of road that runs past Stonehenge, single carriageway most of the way, national speed limit so get caught behind lorries etc struggling with corners and hills. At one point it goes to dual carriageway up a very steep hill, and is only two lanes for about 1/3 mile - passing place you might think. Nope, they drop the speed limit to 50 and put a camera half way up the hill!!!!! :angry::rant:

Until they can makes sure all people are insured, car is road legal and people don't keep driving about with their fookin front fog lights on surely resource can be used better elsewhere?!

But Ming

Surley the point is that if the Police do not benefit from the cash raised and that their budgets are tiny, should resources not be deployed to areas that are more beneficial to the public, such as looking up chav's who trash cars and make peoples life a misery. In Caversham recently the guy who owns the local Pizza place was put in hospital because he asked some kids to keep the noise down, they beat him to an inch of his life. The kids are there everyday, like most shopping precints and park, being a pain in the ars@, so it would seem obvious that if a regular patrol went round there and told them to move on things might improve.

Whilst on the subject, if alot of crimes such as burglaries are caused by truant kids, why don't the schools let the local coppers know who the truant kids are, you could then finger print them, hey presto lock up the little shi@s

:angry:

Hi Mate

If only it was that easy - and I agree it should be - but as an analogy - if you were a mechanic in a garage and you were snowed under with cars queuing at the door you would not go into the sales room and get one of the salesmen to come and fit a clutch. You both work for the garage but in different departments.

Traffic officers have certain responsibilities and beat officers others. Schools bobbies and there are now very few of them different still and Neighbourhood bobbies lifestyle issues.

If you take any one away from their core role - whether you personally think it is important or not SOMEONE does - then that role suffers and someone says. My mother in law nearly got knocked down the other day and you are doing nothing at all about speeding etc etc. i am sure you get my drift.

The root cause, in my own personal humble opinion, is the removal of corporal punishment in all our establishments. It has bred a generation or two now of people with no respect - through a lack of fear - of anyone or anything - the law included.

We have no punishment worth a salt and we are so leant towards helping the offender that we long ago forgot the victim and the other victims - those affected by the problems caused by our errant youth.

I know i have got slightly side tracked but my point is do not blame traffic officers - and bear in mind speed enforcement is now predominantly a civilian 'policed' department - for youth nuisance no more than you would blame a schools bobby for a burglary at a ware house or a fatal RTA on the motorway.

Ming the Explainer

Saw the police hiding round a corner in Staines today the f***s. On a long bend coming out of town, towards the M25... one thing in their favour is that there is a park past their position on the left.. .but it is fenced away and AFAIK there have been no accidents there. There are no speed signs as you leave Staines either AFAIK.

It is, however, a famous fast stretch with long bend and obviously a cash-rich area. Lots of trees to hide the roz. It would be terrible to take your eye off the road to watch your speedo then go off the road and run the gun-toter over.

Not like the busy bit at the end of my road where people have been killed, and there is an accident every week - never seen a copper here EVER.

If you want them at the end of your road :wacko: phone up and tell 'em. they will i am sure be there within the week. Dont moan though when you are the first one they catch - a bloke on our street did exactly that - cos it might just happen.

It is, however, a famous fast stretch with long bend . And you are SURPRISED that they are there. :scare:

and obviously a cash-rich area The police don't get, and never have got, any money back from speed enforcement other than the maintainance of the equipment - a peanut sized piece of all monies levied.

If you don't wanna get caught, don't speed and if you do get caught DON'T MOAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :teeth:

Its like seeing a sign on a shop door that says all shop lifters will be prosecuted and then posting up that the store detectives are all fascists because you only stole a cheese sandwich worth £1:50.

I know this might rile up a few but its true. Whether we like it or not speeding is AGAINST THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its not as if we dont know. (I add the WE in there because like every other road user I do at times flout the speed limit.)

Ming the Wound up

AFAIK there's never been an accident on the fast curve - its not a tight bend, its a lovely curvy back road heading towards the motorway.

I can think of a number of places where there have been deaths, sometimes multiple, on roads that have no cameras and I've never seen any plod there.

The lack of consistency matched to the ridiculous way of making criminals of honest people for going a small amount over a speed limit (set by whom...) and then generating vast amounts of money out of thos honest people - while the uninsured, unlicensed scum get away - all adds insult to injury.

If those police guns / scameras / whatever could detect unlicensed, untaxed, illegal drivers then I would be all for that! Leave us hard working honest folk alone!

Thats what the new NPR cameras are for, so they do exist, I've seem them in Reading. They take your numberplate and in 10 seconds,know what car it should be, colour, tax, MOT, insurance etc

Speed Scameras are just a cash cow, making money for the Civil Service to justify their pointless and archaic existence

Governments should be afraid of the people, not people afraid of their governments

:boxing:

Ming the Wound up

AFAIK there's never been an accident on the fast curve - its not a tight bend, its a lovely curvy back road heading towards the motorway.

I can think of a number of places where there have been deaths, sometimes multiple, on roads that have no cameras and I've never seen any plod there.

The lack of consistency matched to the ridiculous way of making criminals of honest people for going a small amount over a speed limit (set by whom...) and then generating vast amounts of money out of thos honest people - while the uninsured, unlicensed scum get away - all adds insult to injury.

If those police guns / scameras / whatever could detect unlicensed, untaxed, illegal drivers then I would be all for that! Leave us hard working honest folk alone!

Lets look a little closer.

AFAIK Yes. As far as YOU know!! Contact the speed regulation people and ask to see the stats. You MIGHT be surprised. If you are right then politely point them in the direction of the trouble spots that in YOUR OPINION they should police. It is of note that the police as an organisation are hell bent on being customer driven. If enough people make a noise or a few people make enough noise then things get prioritised and targets get set. If you feel that strongly, and it appears that you do, then save some of that angst that you fire on here and fire it at the above. They will eventually have to take note.

As i have said before a lot of speed enforcement, camera's, speed traps, enforcement camera vans etc are, at least in my area civilian run. it is only motorway cops now that are actually cops!!

I think i have covered the lack of consistency. As for the ridiculous way of making criminals of honest people for going a small amount over a speed limit it is obvious, or should be, that motoring convictions ARE NOT classed as criminal convictions. If they were then you would have to declare them to prospective employers and it would prevent people from joining the emergency services and cause them to be sacked if caught committing whilst in service. I do have a modicum of sympathy with your feelings if i am honest and think - personally - that there is too much emphasis on speed enforcement IN THE WRONG PLACES.I know that this subject has been done to death many times before but outside schools during school times you could make it 15mph for me and enforce it with a rod of iron. On a motorway on a sunny Sunday evening when it is both open and clear I can see no reason why 100mph is not a safe speed. If this regulated then people would i feel be a lot more understanding about the lower limits. I also have sympathy with the working Joe who gets caught doing 55 in a 30 which COULD be a 50 and gets 6 points a one month ban and a £500 fine. Only to see Joe Heroin Addict walk in behind him for no docs, no licence, and twenty previous convictions for motoring offences and get a £100 fine and a one month ban. It isn't right but also it isn't the polices fault either. We as an organisation have a duty to uphold the law.

speed limit (set by whom...)

The government mate. As vote for by you, and all your mates, and all their mates, and all their mates, mates. Don't like it? Vote for someone who will change it. (If you can find someone) or get yourself into a position where YOU can do something about it! Many a law has been changed by someonoe brave enough to challenge it in the right arena. European Court of human rights anyone for the breach of your right to travel at any speed you wish. Hmmm Worth I thought! stranger things have happened. Stevie 350z in government :D Stevie 350z the saviour of all performance car drivers :teeth: takes the UK to the Hague. What a story. Can I come and watch!!

while the uninsured, unlicensed scum get away - all adds insult to injury Nothing gives me personally more satisfaction than watching one of these that you so eloquently describe lose his licence and sometimes go to jail.

If those police guns / scameras / whatever could detect unlicensed, untaxed, illegal drivers then I would be all for that!

As others have said the ANPR - for a while a closely guarded secret I might add - can and does detect no insurance, no MOT and any know criminal intelligence against the registration number which includes suspicion of disqualified driving etc.

My little town has a ring of cameras around it that operate ANPR and our CCTV operators monitor them and pass out any useful info within seconds of it coming to light.

Leave us hard working honest folk alone 35 in a 30. Taking home a few pens from the office. Using the works van to move a wardrobe. Falling out with your mate and having a 'friendly' punch up. .................................................... Beating up your wife. Burgling your neighbours house. Killing some one. Where is the line???????

The reason the good old English bobby has such high regard accross the world is that he can and does and in law is still expected to use his discretion. (Thats where Mr 'I've got a job' gets a bollocking and Mr 'I've never had a job and furthermore DON'T WANT ONE' gets made the subject of summons process. In this one you have just got to trust me ;) ) However ALL of the above are potentially criminal offences. The only truely 'honest' folk amongst us would have done 'none of the above'. It doesn't include me and i am sure it doesn't include you.

Wow what a lengthy reply. Ooo eva said coppas woz fick. All those clever words and most of them spelt properly ;)

Ming the Etymologist

PS For all the internet enforcers out there hovering on my every word.

These are my own personal opinions and in no way represent the opinions of the police as an organisation. (Thought I better stick that in incase :teeth: )

Gosh :p

Were you stood on the roof of your Z when delivering the above rant?

:yawn::wacko::headhurt:

:teeth:

You posed the question so the least I could do was reply :teeth:

What some people fail to appreciate is that unlike an awful lot of other professions a police officer is someone who can affect your life WHETHER YOU WANT THEM TO OR NOT. (If you don't like your mechanic you go elsewhere but bobbies tend to turn up and impose themselves upon you when you least expect it - 'just a little bit over the speedlimit'. ;) )

As such a lot of normal people have negative thoughts about us. If I had a pound for every time people said' Shouldn't you be out catching burglars/rapists/drink drivers/drug addicts etc etc etc (Each one always manages to find one offence outside the one he or she is accused of) I would have retired ages ago.

What then happens is you get the ACAB syndrome (ALL coppers are Bast*rds)

After a while this rankles a bit because we aint!!

What we are is the thin blue line between your comfortable suburban life style and ANARCHY!!

If you want to say PC So And So or Sgt So And So are bast*rds then please do so but dont go down the ALL line.

Hell in hind sight it probably was a RANT but we are all entitled to get a little protective.

Anyway remember EVERYONE called Steve or Stevie is a TOSS*R :p;):boxing::teeth:

Ming the Joking (Thought i better add that as well)