Road Tax

Argyll

I've found something quite interesting regarding car tax in the DVLA web page.

I was told a few months ago that any car imported in to the country before a certain date in 05/06 (can't remember which) qualifies for something like £190 tax pa. My JDM car was imported in July 2006 but I've been paying about £400 pa for tax. However when I checked in the DVLA website giving my registration details it state's my cars tax should only be £245 pa!

Have DVLA made a mistake or have I been over paying?

This his been covered zillions of times! But in a nutshell - imports had to pay the higher rate if they were registered in UK after 2006. Some (*cough*) got away with it by some weird anomaly where they were classed differently probably because someone at the DVLA didn't know what the hell a fairlady was - for example, mine said zero for emissions....... THEN last April they decided to scrap that altogether and do the right thing and change it to the year of manufacture so any pre 2006 zed pays a lower rate. Does that make sense? :thumbs: