How Bright Are Your Xenons?

Leenx

As the question asks? I've got a 03 52 plate JDM Zed Spec T, and am noticing recently that maybe the Xenons aren't as bright as they should be? There's not something like a switch in the car you can use to move headlights up/down etc? Would having Bi Xenons make a big difference? Just remember when I had my RX8 I'm sure they gave significantly more light?

Anyone?

As the question asks? I've got a 03 52 plate JDM Zed Spec T, and am noticing recently that maybe the Xenons aren't as bright as they should be? There's not something like a switch in the car you can use to move headlights up/down etc? Would having Bi Xenons make a big difference? Just remember when I had my RX8 I'm sure they gave significantly more light?

Anyone?

are you sure you have Xenons , al ot of JDM's had normal bulbs put in to pass the SVA and were not converted back to Xenons :)

Yeah - well as sure as I could be - the lights kinda double focus like when all Xenons are turned on and when you're out the car you can see they give off that bright glow with tones of other colours, how do you confirm this?

with xenons you should be able to see blue in the edge of the beam. If you pointed the car close up to a wall you should see this. Don't think you see it with Halogens

Yeah - well as sure as I could be - the lights kinda double focus like when all Xenons are turned on and when you're out the car you can see they give off that bright glow with tones of other colours, how do you confirm this?

yes sounds like Xenons :thumbs: strange as I am pleased with mine

thought they were standard with all Zeds inc JDM's? according to Bonsai cars anyway and their spec sheets. Am a bit puzzled now!! Surely the T version Zeds come with Xenons as tandard. Maybe the lights are off balalnce if you know what I mean?

thought they were standard with all Zeds inc JDM's? according to Bonsai cars anyway and their spec sheets. Am a bit puzzled now!! Surely the T version Zeds come with Xenons as tandard. Maybe the lights are off balalnce if you know what I mean?

they all come with Xenons standard, just that the JDM' ones wont pass the SVA test as they dont have headlamp washers fitted as standard, which is an EU requirement..hence they get changed for standard H4 type bulbs to pass the SVA.. but I have known of several that havent been changed back to Xenons for some reason, probably for the misconstrued reason that they wont pass future MOT's (which they will ) hope this explains?

How do I confirm on mine then Lomoto - against the brick wall test? ut can you not tell by looking through the headlight area on front of the car? I'm sure mine are but if you're saying that due to EU legislation they are removed during SVA testing maybe mine werent put back :scare::scare: . ????

How do I confirm on mine then Lomoto - against the brick wall test? ut can you not tell by looking through the headlight area on front of the car? I'm sure mine are but if you're saying that due to EU legislation they are removed during SVA testing maybe mine werent put back :scare::scare: . ????

to be honest , I dont know,.. if you switch them on you will see immediatley though as they gradually brighten to full intensity ..unlike normal bulbs that get the full hit straight away :thumbs:

That's what I mean :angry:

Had a look at mine this morning, as you stare into the bulb they are ***ing bright! so they must be Xenon cos I don't think you'd get that kinda light from normal bulbs??

Never the less - Not that impressed!

Anyone know a definitive way of confirming if Xenons are present?

Thanks mate - but F*$k me, just spent half hour trying to locate where this gear wheel is??? Can't find the thing anyway despite looking at the jpegs over and over again! Surely it wouldn't be located elsewhere on the JDM Zeds?

Guest prescience
Thanks mate - but F*$k me, just spent half hour trying to locate where this gear wheel is??? Can't find the thing anyway despite looking at the jpegs over and over again! Surely it wouldn't be located elsewhere on the JDM Zeds?

I must admit I'm a bit confused now - easily done, I know :blush:

But I thought UK cars had self-levelling xenons (and headlight washers) and thus would have no gear wheel. I thought some JDMs had self-levelling xenons (but no headlight washer) and hence no gear wheel whilst some JDM (and US) base specs have standard lights and hence adjuster wheel. Am I off-beam in this?

It's a 52 plate, however they look pretty bright when you get out the car. I've just had my car back from repair (bonnet re-alignment) and they may of accidentally adjusted the lights, as when I parked up today the left light seems to shine higher than the right, but as per this earlier thread I'm not sure if I can re-align them? because apparently some Zeds have automatic realignment and the link posted earlier from an American website about how to adjust your lights - I can't find where the adjuster is on my Zed????

I'm still having problems with my heating, and the wing mirrors not demisting, not forgetting the Xenons which I'm sure could be a tad brighter! The thing is I don't want to take her in to get looked at until I'm absolutely sure they are problems I can't fix myself!

Wondered if some of you could test your heating for me on your Zeds. Have your heating dial on the lowest mark (18 degrees) then adjust by one click clockwise - do you feel an instant rise in hot air?

Not sure what tests you could do on the wng mirrors as it seems the general consensus is that your mirrors do demist once you select the demister on your dials - but not on mine!!

Think it could be a fuse gone? Think they could all be connected?? Thoughts welcome as I've really not budgeted for these things and it's doing my head in! The rest of the car is fine!

Cheers

Guest prescience

I'm sure some kind person will do the tests (sorry I can't :blush: ) but in the meantime, you could check this thread

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9932

I also had a fiddle with the sensor on the driver's side (there is actually a small bore rubber pipe probably going to the air con unit) put it back together and it worked fine ever after - perhaps a small air block or something

Guest prescience

The sensor is located below and to the left of the steering wheel (on the lower dash) and is behind a vent - obviously! You need to remove the lower driver's side trim (which involves removing the door ally 'Z' plates etc). Everything just prises off IIRC. If you are unsure, there is a service manual extract which may help :)

Again - Many thanks for your help - you've just saved me a lot of cash I think!!! :):yahoo: Right couldn't wait - just went to the car and found the sensor by pulling back the drivers side trim - and as mentioned unless it was me pulling off the trim - the connector to the sensor was disonnected :angry: Now seems to be working fine - however I only tried for few secs as had to get back in the office!

Just had a chat with another JDM Zed owner who also cannot get her wing mirrors to demist - anyone else on this forum with same problem? anyone know how to fix??