Broken Exhaust Flange

rodgeevans

Im currently suffering from the usual broken exhaust round the flange and will be looking to get it cut out and a pipe weilded over the join as a temporary measure till i have the money to get a scorpion exhaust or similar. What i was wondering is my exhaust has completely split away from the flange does anyone know if this increases fuel consumption.

the only long term issue is from the broken flange, where are the hot gasses going, if its pointed at part of the underside that either has wires or anything patic near it; there is a risk over a long drive that you could melt something.

the likelyhood is that the exit for the gases is pointing towards the floor, and if so then there won't be an issue.

Well had the exhaust fixed at the weekend in the end and it defenately seems to of improved the fuel consumption even tho i now wasn't expecting it to so hopefully the fix should pay for itself but a comparision will be made when it gets it next full fuel refill