Replace the Bose system

fto78

At the moment, I have the standard Bose system which came with the car (GT pack).. I want to totally replace everything, the headunit, the speakers, the amp and the sub.

I am going to get a double din for it.. but one thing I am not too sure is.. what connector do I need to plug the existing 3 sockets to the new headunit and where can i source them?

My plan is one four channel amp to power the front and rear speakers.

and one 2 channel amp to power the sub.

Do you think that would be enough to do the job?

Many thanks from the ice expert! :thumbs:

Morning.

As far as connectors - if you have the Bose unit you will need the Autoleads PC2-77-4 (Micra 4 speaker Adapter). Once you use this the Bose amp will NOT be turned on

First Off - Head units - Personally I would always Alpine - They do a double din if you really want to go for one - IVA-W200Rihttp://www.alpine-europe.com/content/english/a2467.det.IVA-W200Ri_DVD-CD-MP3-WMA--Receiver---Mobile-Media-Station.htm

I would not bother with the rear speakers, in a car the size of the Z there really is no point in them. Save you money for a better amp and comps for the front.

I would either go for a 2-way amp and a monoblock if you can afford to or a 4 way amp and bridge two channels for the sub.

What to actually go for in terms of speakers / amps all comes down to money. You could spent £300 and get a very budget system, £600 and get a better one or £1000 and a really good one....etc

In terms of subs are you looking to use the stock location? If so I would recommend either getting a box made up or sealing up the existing one properly using fibreglass etc.

Morning.

As far as connectors - if you have the Bose unit you will need the Autoleads PC2-77-4 (Micra 4 speaker Adapter). Once you use this the Bose amp will NOT be turned on

First Off - Head units - Personally I would always Alpine - They do a double din if you really want to go for one - IVA-W200Rihttp://www.alpine-europe.com/content/english/a2467.det.IVA-W200Ri_DVD-CD-MP3-WMA--Receiver---Mobile-Media-Station.htm

I would not bother with the rear speakers, in a car the size of the Z there really is no point in them. Save you money for a better amp and comps for the front.

I would either go for a 2-way amp and a monoblock if you can afford to or a 4 way amp and bridge two channels for the sub.

What to actually go for in terms of speakers / amps all comes down to money. You could spent £300 and get a very budget system, £600 and get a better one or £1000 and a really good one....etc

In terms of subs are you looking to use the stock location? If so I would recommend either getting a box made up or sealing up the existing one properly using fibreglass etc.

+1

And add that you should put 10% of budget aside for matching quality cabling (trust me it makes a difference) and at least Dynamat behind the front speakers. :thumbs: