Red UK GT zed for sale REDUCED further to £8150

N!ck-z

As I am moving house next year I have been toying with the idea of selling for a while, I did put it on autotrader a couple of months ago but only got a few time wasters. Since then I have changed my mind more times than I care to remember. I love the car but it makes financial sense to sell it. So here goes.....

post-5259-135011893737_thumb.jpg

post-5259-135011893773_thumb.jpg

post-5259-135011893794_thumb.jpg

Stunning Red 53 reg UK GT complete with Rays. 42000 miles with full main dealer service history. (serviced annually due to low use / mileage).

Vredestein tyres all around, with the rears being fitted less than 1000 miles ago. The fronts have approx 5mm tread.

I had the clutch replaced at 36000 miles with an exedy clutch.

Its last service was last month (P2) the advisories were as follows:

Centre and rear exhaust sections corroded and leaking.

Front brake pads approaching 80% worn.

As a result of this I replaced the full exhaust with a brand new stainless K2 exhaust. (Looks like OEM, sounds slightly deeper, not louder).

The front bumper has a few stone chips as per all zeds but the bonnet only has 1 chip (it did have none until yesterday :angry: ) as the bonnet has recently been resprayed to rid it of of few major chips. The work was done by Sunderland Car & Bike Magic who come highly recommended on this forum and do colour matching for the local Nissan dealers.

I also had the side skirts (Genuine Veilside V3 FRP skirts) resprayed so they are now immaculate with no scratches, again by Car and Bike Magic. The rest of the bodywork is in fantastic condition. in fact considering the age of the car it is in amazing condition.

The alloys have slight bubbling on one and some curbing. I do however have a full set of standard 18" OEM Alloys included in the sale which can be used if you choose to have the Rays refurbished.

There is 10 months MOT and 6 months tax remaining.

As you can see from the pics the red is a stunning colour and for some reason a rare colour. I am not interested in P/X.

The car is mainly at home in North East England, but as I work on the West coast of Scotland just North of Glasgow then a viewing there could be arranged too.

Thanks for looking.

Nick.

More photos to follow.

Reduced to £8150

Thanks for the comments.

Ak350z, no they are veilside skirts; post edited to include other common sense stuff that I should have included to start with, such as the location of the car! Trying to write an ad with the worlds worst hangover isn't easy!

Correction; the last service was a P1 service, the one prior to that was the major P3 service. So there will be a couple of services before the major service comes round again.

Another pic I have just found on this computer:

post-5259-135011894126_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

I dont know if I could sell it to you Al, it will be bad enough watching someone else drive it away never mind having you overtake me in my home town on a regular basis!

If you have any luck with the R8 then give me a shout :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Price now dropped to £9600. Checked my insurance and it is due first week in April so would like to sell by then. Will be putting an ad on autotrader next week some time if I get no interest here.

Mileage now at 42600

• 3 weeks later...

Right, I have just sorted next years insurance and I have a 10 day cooling off period so, I am dropping the price to £9000. If I dont sell the car in the next 10 days then I am keeping it for the summer.

I seriously cant believe I have only had one bloke come to see the car! I can understand why I had no interest in the first 6 months as I didnt really want to sell the car and so deliberately overpriced it, but at this price I am truly amazed. This car is immaculate.

Anyway, as I said, Im giving it 10 days to sell then this thread can be locked.

Note to Mods - To save me having to have this approved twice would you be so kind as to edit the price in the title for me too please :D

This wont help you but if I hadn't bought my z on the 3rd I would of snapped your hand off too.... loving the rays and VS sideskirts - and colour -everything!

Crazy price considering all the extras you have put on ... the exhaust alone must of cost alot

good luck with the sale - if not maybe I'll see you at a meet in your gorgeous motor :D

Hi, based in Hartlepool.

No, everything totally standard, engine and brakes never been touched by anyone other than a Nissan tech during servicing.

Only thing that looks non standard in the engine bay is a polished plenum which is purely aesthetic.

Edit: the crap Nissan clutch was replaced at 36k with an exedy clutch. A quick search on this site will show numerous examples of the clutch failing.

Any other Q's PM me and I'll send you my mobile num. :thumbs:

Hey Nick,

I have to admit my fav colour by far is the red - my old Focus ST had a red/black theme and it's by far a colour that just 'does it' for me.

I'm currently down-under in Melbourne till June, but if you haven't sold the car by then and you're still interested in selling, drop me a PM as I'd be interested in coming up from Oxford to view. My current RS Megane should have sold in the time I'm out here so I'll simply have cash waiting to make the sale much easier.

Cheers chap,

Matt.

Hi matt,

Australia until June? Lucky Man!

The autotrader ad is up in a day or so and after that I was just going to leave this thread as the only ad for it and enjoy the car over the summer whilst not "actively" trying to sell the car - Ive just renewed the insurance, its booked in for MOT on friday so I may as well just enjoy. I think I'll be putting the private plate back on after the MOT too.

The car is still for sale, but I'm not going to make much effort to sell it if that makes sense? So definitely give me a shout when you get back from Australia.... and enjoy your trip, I am V jealous!

• 2 months later...

Right, I'm looking at part exing my 2 cars for one sensible car now, and as such I am reducing yet again to £8150. Ive put an ad on pistonheads again and may possibly try eBay.

The money I have been offered by a dealer for trade in is quite frankly ridiculous and as such I am open to sensible offers.

Just as an update to the ad for the car, MOT was passed with NO advisories and this morning I have replaced the battery with a brand new one as the last one was starting to suffer a little from the light use the car is getting.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I have just watched the car drive away with a new owner, and I am absolutely gutted! It made sense to sell though, and I can honestly say the new owners have got a very good car for their money.

May I take this opportunity to thank everyone on this forum who have given advice and saved me quite a bit of money along the way.

Mods can you lock this thread please :byebye: