Confused over exhaust diameters

tim-bo

I am very close to fitting a scorpion system and Japspeed Y-pipe on my '05 UK Coupe but have a few questions that I hope someone on here could help with. The Japspeed Y-pipe has two 2.5" inlets and a 3" outlet, this will connect to the centre section of the Scorpion which has a 2.5" inlet. I am worried that any power gains from the Y-pipe will get lost by the build up in pressure at the step where the sections meet, my fluid dynamics isn't great but I can see that more resistance will build up causing the back pressure to be higher.

Does anyone know the size of the outlet on the OEM Y-pipe is and would it provide a better flow if I was to use it with the scorpion system?

Did anyone put their Zed on a rolling road before and after fitting either systems?

I have searched this forum but have not had any luck yet (I am new here after all), I'm sure someone will give me a link where this has been covered.