Anyone doing an iPad install?

James B

stop saying impossible, red rag to a bull! :blush:

i said uneconomical ;)

its do able but it depends how long your happy to have your car out of action while you rip out and re build the centre console.

this is not a weekend project.

is not... is that like a challenge?

:lol:

NB: im not doing it although i think its entirely doable

agreed husky i think its do able as well, but to do a quality job (which is the only kind i do) your looking at about 4 weekends worth of work, possibly more just with the car; then your looking at easily a weeks worth of work finishing and sanding and preping it for a surface finish.

those timings all depend on how easy the trial fittings go. if the fittings are out you could easily double that timing plan.

I'd be interested in doing this because unlike most ICE jobs, It could be fairly cheap as I already have an ipad for work.

I'm not an apple whore, in fact they wind me up a bit, but they look pretty and can store music/play video.

I really don't think it's as bigger job as people are making out. First step is buy an extra centre console so you don't bugger yours up. Next thing would be to try and pick up an ipad dock from somewhere and salvage most of that.

This pic may help anyone interested in sizes

i pad on its own might just go; but you really need a single din in there to arange and control all the audio in the car.

my aim would be to cut off the dials section and blend that into the new centre consol that you'd have to build from scratch; and try and keep it seperate from the gear surround and AC controls.