K2 Exhaust fitting and Y pipe gasket Question

jollyranchers

Ok so after i got over my hangover this morning , i set about changing the exhaust

Straight out with the big guns and heated up the back box bolts with a plumbers blow torch, they came off a treat

onto the Midpipe to Y pipe nuts got one side off no probs thinking this is easy what you lot been complaining about !

Onto the other y pipe bolt wouldnt shift even after 10 mins of heating, ended up rounding the nut off

Ok so tried -

mole grips - nope

dremel - nope

chisel - nope

Hammer - nope

Reciprocating saw with new blade - nope

out to b and q for a £15 grinder, job done wish i had done this 1.5 hours earlier

So tomoz i have the joys of drilling out the stud in the y pipe which means i have to take off the under body support brace to get the drill in :bang: - why didnt nissan just use a normal bolt !!

The oem y pipe gasket is a steel type jobbie , was thinking of using this again aswell as the supplied japspeed gasket too ?

Whats every one else done ?

Also the earth strap has broken , does this really need to go back on ?

• 2 weeks later...
Ok so after i got over my hangover this morning , i set about changing the exhaust

Straight out with the big guns and heated up the back box bolts with a plumbers blow torch, they came off a treat

onto the Midpipe to Y pipe nuts got one side off no probs thinking this is easy what you lot been complaining about !

Onto the other y pipe bolt wouldnt shift even after 10 mins of heating, ended up rounding the nut off

Ok so tried -

mole grips - nope

dremel - nope

chisel - nope

Hammer - nope

Reciprocating saw with new blade - nope

out to b and q for a £15 grinder, job done wish i had done this 1.5 hours earlier

So tomoz i have the joys of drilling out the stud in the y pipe which means i have to take off the under body support brace to get the drill in :bang: - why didnt nissan just use a normal bolt !!

The oem y pipe gasket is a steel type jobbie , was thinking of using this again aswell as the supplied japspeed gasket too ?

Whats every one else done ?

Also the earth strap has broken , does this really need to go back on ?

did the k2 fit ok? Look ok?

Yes went on ok , i did knock both hangers down a bit so the tail pipes sit closer to the bumper inserts and doesnt droop down like some i have seen.

The alignment of the pipes horizontally is spot on , when stood at the back of the car if being ultra picky the right tail pipe is about 10 mm further inside the bumper than the left but hardly noticeable

I probably will take it off again at some point and have another fiddle with the hangers.

Fitting DIY perfectly possible if you have a highlift jack , and access to some good tools.

Sound wise i love it , sounds deeper than stock , not loud on idle and gives a nice sound when booting it.

for £184 quid on ebay i am pleased with it , looking at getting the matching Y pipe soon too.