Zero tyre pressure!!!!

SunGodRA

I've noticed over the past few days my rear end has been a bit skittish and the rear off-side tyre looked a 'little' low on pressure - I went to top up at local petrol station and nothing happened - assumed there was a fault on the machine or perhaps I had a dodgy valve. I have just been into a tyre place and even he said it maybe looked a 'little' low. When he put his tyre pump on there it read ZERO pressure!

He filled up to 35psi and it only looks slightly more inflated :wacko:

My question is, if the tyre have no pressure surely it would be totally flat?

(tyre is NOT a runflat - its a Bridgestone Potenza RE050 275/35/19)

I would say yes, if it's not a run flat then the tyre walls aren't strong enough to keep a tyre from being flat.

You can get runflats in the RE050's saw a few on various websites when I looked recently.

The only other thing is the gauge at the garage was faulty or something. I've got a digital one i use at home

recommended mileage for run flats (when flat) is approx 50 miles (depending on manufacturer)

I estimate I have done approx 500 miles since I noticed a change :scare::scare::scare:

That being said, since sorting it out, I have taken off the wheel and inspected - I cant see any damage to the tyre or alloy.

However, don't like run flats as there is no warning they have gone - I'm going to change both rears ASAP

I had a BMW courtesy car a couple of years back, got a puncture in that, notified the hire company who didn`t seemed to interested so I drove nearly 2000miles on it until the tyre practically disintegrated :lol: There pretty tough

:yahoo: Drive it like a hire car, good to hear of a fellow hire car destroyer :lol:

Aren't you supposed to have special rims for runflat. I had them on my mini cooper s and hated them.

You had be worried - so I did a quick google ;)

from Bridgestone website:

Q. What is the difference between Bridgestone's Run-Flat systems and those of other manufacturers?

Both of Bridgestone's Run-Flat systems - the sidewall-reinforced type and the support-ring type - can be equipped on conventional wheels, whereas the systems of other manufacturers require a special type of wheel.