Noisy boot catch

Cheesypuff

My boot catch loop is very loose when the boot is up, are they all like this? I ask as when driving it creaks and rattles. I've tried greasing it but made no difference, only temp fix I have found is to wedge some card around the catch loop until its wedged solid, this lasts a few days before working loose. If the catch loop is not supposed to be loose how do I go about removing the tail gate lining to get at it? Any advice appreciated.

I have a carbon boot and currently I can see my boot loop clearly due to the plastics being removed. There are two bolts which hold the loop in place, and it sounds your's have worked lose?

I am unsure of the order in which you remove the plastics, although they can be taken off to expose the loop. The best person for the order in which you remove the plastics is Nurrish - although be very careful as the lugs which attach the plastic lining can snap!! Then you'll get more rattling noises. PM Nurrish to see if he'll give you an idea on the removal process.