Marshalls Bodyshop Cambridge..............

get12

....a big thankyou to Maurice and the guys there! I had major repair work carried out there due to Not at Fault accident damage - rear quarter replaced - which is no easy job, and new rear spoiler. Totally happy with the finished product. A big thank you to to guys at the service centre (kevin) as well for some on-going warranty work which they are looking after on my behalf.

So, all-in-all, class act-I would well recommend Marshalls for the service they provide - I hear they are good at selling the Zed as well!!!

G

Mine went up there on Saturday for work on it, daft blind old woman apparently didn't see me driving down a dual carriage way and pulled out on me.

Anyway, they are due to replace the offside Nismo wheel and repair the bumper which was also hit.

Mine went up there on Saturday for work on it, daft blind old woman apparently didn't see me driving down a dual carriage way and pulled out on me.

Anyway, they are due to replace the offside Nismo wheel and repair the bumper which was also hit.

.....repair rather than replace???!!!!

I know, I wasn't happy when told this on Saturday but oh well.

I know, I wasn't happy when told this on Saturday but oh well.

Well Im sure the garage would have preferred a replace as well - more money in it for em! :wacko:

How did the job turn out SimonD?

Well I got the car back on Friday, hats off for the swiftness of the repair :)

Slight problem with the work tho, the replaced Nismo wheel came with the wrong Nismo decal :(. I currently have 3 old decals, 1 new.. and they didn't even notice the difference (even after I told them there was a problem).

The only other problem I had with the car was the fact that it wasn't valeted, I mean someone went over it with a cloth but even that was done haphazardly, in the sun the following day I noticed several large areas where they had simply missed.

Over all I am not that impressed with the result from them, yes they got the car out very quickly but the attention to detail was simply lacking. The lack of a valet was sloppy (it's a 5 week old car, you would think they would want to take pride in returning it to a good standard) and the fact that I have to go up there again to get the problem rectified is stupid (it's not exactly a local dealer, approx 140 mile trip, give or take).

In all honesty, not somewhere I would go again to get the car repaired :(

Dude, NEVER get a car valeted by a workshop/dealer.

if they do it they usually do it the "industrial" way, e.g. quick and with machines you should not use on your paint. I dont think the stuff they use to wash a car gets washed after every use you know :p

Better do it yourself afterwards. At least you know you wont screw up the paint or get swirls all over it

Well I got the car back on Friday, hats off for the swiftness of the repair :)

Slight problem with the work tho, the replaced Nismo wheel came with the wrong Nismo decal :(. I currently have 3 old decals, 1 new.. and they didn't even notice the difference (even after I told them there was a problem).

The only other problem I had with the car was the fact that it wasn't valeted, I mean someone went over it with a cloth but even that was done haphazardly, in the sun the following day I noticed several large areas where they had simply missed.

Over all I am not that impressed with the result from them, yes they got the car out very quickly but the attention to detail was simply lacking. The lack of a valet was sloppy (it's a 5 week old car, you would think they would want to take pride in returning it to a good standard) and the fact that I have to go up there again to get the problem rectified is stupid (it's not exactly a local dealer, approx 140 mile trip, give or take).

In all honesty, not somewhere I would go again to get the car repaired :(

I hear what you are saying re detail. I am still waiting for them to report back to me about the front cover that covers the towing hook female fit behind the spoiler - I left it in the ash tray when the car was picked up and now it is missing - i reported it over a week ago and still have not heard anything so they wont be surprised when I ask them to replace the whole assembly due to water ingress/rust a few months down the line!!!!

G

Edited to show; Thats been sorted now-they are going to send a new cover out in the post this week.