New 350z Owner for Track Use

Why not sell the TTS and put the proceeds with your Zed money towards buying a GTR? Mega fun on track and road :drive1

Awwww :cloud9: i wish!!!

Ive looked at GTRs for a while now but unfortuanately i couldnt even begin to afford one....

The runnings costs, insurance and service intervals put me off.. Dont get me wrong, its an EPIC car. But i wouldnt want one out of warranty thats for sure..

My latest thoughts are swaping the other halfs Abarth 500 with the 350z, and buying an older import so i can really go mental with it.... Im sure once she see has a go in the 350 she will be game...

Its only taken me 4 days to go from wanting a sensible track/road car, to wanting something mental i can trailer down to a track...

The joys of the tinterwebs... lol

....... i believe Aintree is a hidden gem.....

Looks like the only do 2 trackdays a year at Aintree - I never knew this but will keep an eye out now!

Do you know of any others coming up?

Im not too sure, ive been out of the track loop for a while now. I had just always herd great things about Aintree. It did use to hold the Grand Prix... No @*!#!!

And cheers for all the welcomes.. What a friendly bunch you all are :drunk:

i am getting mixed up from your posts m8

for a start welcome.

if you only wanna do a couple of quiet track days a year the a stock zed is good. and your tts even better.

but why not get a used elise for even more fun?

if you want a dedicated track car and you say you cant afford suspension brakes and the lot then dont even think about the zed. cos it will need brakes and pads after a couple of days...and tyres and clutch and lots of other bits and bobs. wear and tear on the track!!! and then corsas and pugs and mx-5s etc etc will start driving laps around you and you wont be happy. and their track day will be costing them a fraction of yours...and thats if you are lucky and dont run out of gravel. :)

a modified zed is good fun on the track...but expensive fun.

for a start welcome.

if you only wanna do a couple of quiet track days a year the a stock zed is good. and your tts even better.

if you want a dedicated track car and you say you cant afford suspension brakes and the lot then dont even think about the zed. cos it will need brakes and pads after a couple of days...and tyres and clutch and lots of other bits and bobs. wear and tear on the track!!! and then corsas and pugs and mx-5s etc etc will start driving laps around you and you wont be happy. and their track day will be costing them a fraction of yours...and thats if you are lucky and dont run out of gravel. :)

Phew thanks greekman, i was getting a little carried away... lol.. And dont worry, I confuse myself on a daily basis..

The TTS just wouldnt suite the track imo. Its steering feel is numb, and the handling is very floaty. I love the car for what it does, but I want some RWD car control. Nothing beats turning in those front wheels and putting power on. Understeer is a horrible feature of the TTS, much worse than the R32 which suprised me. Plus i couldnt let anything happen to the TTS as its the most expensive car ive owned.

BUMP, Back down to earth!! Soooo I will be keeping the 350z relatively stock, and it will get to a track about 2/3 times a year.... I want to keep it on the road so no slicks or stripped interior...

I didnt get the 350z just for a track toy, I got it for some RWD action and a car me and the mrs can enjoy. Ultimately if the 350 shows the TT up.. it will be bye bye Audi, although im a bit of a DSG slut and have found myself only looking at autos recently!!! Hopefully the 350z will show me the error of my ways. lol

Ive definately been hit with new car giddiness!! ha..

for a start welcome.

Phew thanks greekman, i was getting a little carried away... lol.. And dont worry, I confuse myself on a daily basis..

The TTS just wouldnt suite the track imo. Its steering feel is numb, and the handling is very floaty. I love the car for what it does, but I want some RWD car control. Nothing beats turning in those front wheels and putting power on. Understeer is a horrible feature of the TTS, much worse than the R32 which suprised me. Plus i couldnt let anything happen to the TTS as its the most expensive car ive owned.

BUMP, Back down to earth!! Soooo I will be keeping the 350z relatively stock, and it will get to a track about 2/3 times a year.... I want to keep it on the road so no slicks or stripped interior...

I didnt get the 350z just for a track toy, I got it for some RWD action and a car me and the mrs can enjoy. Ultimately if the 350 shows the TT up.. it will be bye bye Audi, although im a bit of a DSG slut and have found myself only looking at autos recently!!! Hopefully the 350z will show me the error of my ways. lol

Ive definately been hit with new car giddiness!! ha..

cool!

you ll still get understeer as thats the Zed's default set up. in order to change that there are 3 ways. (just adjusting the psi wont do much and will knacker your tyres)

-cheapest way good front-crap rear tyres.

-about £500 way front a-arms and to add a bit more camber. front tyres wont be very happy tho.

-starting from a 1k ish (for cheapo stuff less) adjustable coilovers. drop the front a bit more than the rear or make the front stiffer than the rear. then cambers will be messed up and as a result tyres all over wont be very happy. and you ll have to add option no2 at a later time.

even for the odd 2-3 track days budget for brakes,lines, fluid in advance. unless you go round the track like a nanny even the brembos wont be up for it. and if you are on a standard clutch put over half a K away for a clutch/fly too.

i am not being clever. i am only trying to help. i bought mine in 2008 for 33k and i v spent well over that already modifying it and taking it on track days. thats a GTR black edition with insurance and service for 2 years and spare change for a decent runabout ;):teeth: