bmw headunit

Greekman

right guys. i v got a 520 series x reg beamer and i wanna swap the standard unit with an aftermarket one. anybody got a clue what i need to do so?

remove the lot is easy but what do i need after that?

i know i could google it...but i know it will be quicker with your help :teeth::teeth::teeth:

a stereo installer would prob charge 50 quid or something.

You just need to make sure you have the correct bits then it's a case of clipping thiings together.

so different facia, loom and thats it really :)

Whats wrong with your standard unit? BMW units are usually very good. If you replace the headunit the dash will look ugly as look how big the headunit that is there now.

You just need to make sure you have the correct bits then it's a case of clipping thiings together.

Whats wrong with your standard unit? BMW units are usually very good. If you replace the headunit the dash will look ugly as look how big the headunit that is there now.

it will...but i need decent sound and a woofer. the head unit it huge and the cd is a separate bit on top of the head unit too. :dry:

it will...but i need decent sound and a woofer. the head unit it huge and the cd is a separate bit on top of the head unit too. :dry:

JL cleansweep with new speakers amped. I found my dads one fine it was a professional one with jl cleansweep for a sub. :thumbs:

+1 i'd go for the JL or something like the audio Control LC6 or LC8 which takes the high level input from the speakers and turns it into an RCA signal which you can then use with an amp and sub or whatever you choose. Much tidier install and keeps the front end oem too.

BMW headunit are usually good they even have clip control. Unless you will be amping your speakers then I don't think an after Market headunit will be as good. BMW have a very smooth sound which makes it feel like it's not loud but it sounds better than a tinny clipping headunit. (depends on settings of course)