OOOPS

Daryl

The Zed had its MOT today,and it passed fine. However,i completely forgot to tell them about not putting it on the rolling road to test the rear brakes! :doh:

I went back and asked them how they tested them,and sure enough,on the rolling road!

What are the things I should be looking out for with the LSD,as iv heard that the RR can bugger it up. Can I do any tests etc?

Also,why does this have an effect on the LSD,as its surely no different to being driven on the road. Id be interested to see the answers to these.

I am abit worried now....

AFAIK as long as both rollers are running it is fine, it is more of a precaution to stop the car jumping off the rollers if not done properly than in case it damages the car, although if it jumped off the rollers it would probably damage something anyway!

But as mbs said you shouldn't have had to tell them and if you think something is wrong go back straight away :thumbs:

Should be fine as long as your rear brakes are evenly balanced... Did you get a print out of the readings? If the brakes on one side slow that wheel down a lot quicker than the other side, then the LSD can be worked quite hard (trying to equalise the wheel speeds).

But the test is fairly quick and low speed so the chances of damaging a viscous diff are pretty small. Still the MOT place should know and follow the rules :bangin:

From what I understand, because one side is stationary and the other is forced around, it puts forces through the diff it is not designed for. I dont know what it does for sure, but I know it can be very bad for it.

Someone like ZMANALEX may be able to shed more light on what it actually does to it. At a guess, if they've knackered the diff, they pay for it to be repaired or a new one ;)