Sparky Plugs

S77 CRV

Just been quoted £130 from my local service garage to fit new spark plugs. Is it me but does that seem expensive?

They are doing the service and mot for £180. I trust these guys as I employ them for all of our fleet cars at work. Last time I changed spark plugs on a car they were a fiver each and took me 10mins to do. Granted that was in about 1993 and on a ford Capri.

I told him I would do them myself. Am I being tight here or do I have to take the engine out of the car to fit them.

Are spark plugs still a fiver?

Tim

plugs will be about £60-ish depending on what you get and where you shop, then I think I was advised between 1 and 1.5 hours for the job so your price seems maybe a little expensive but not too unrealistic. If they are getting Nissan OEM plugs they probably cost more as well.

Why not buy the plugs yourself and just pay them labour?

Alright mate Zmanalex was doing a set of 6 denso iridium plugs for £45 plus postage a little while ago, so give him a go and there are acouple of guides on here for you. It is fiddley but most monkeys are capable, I was :thumbs:

:lol: But dogs aren't sorry john couldn't resist