shad0wca7's car thread - Di noc strut brace 8/9/10

shad0wca7

This is going to be my log thread and I'll keep most of my happenings here so all can follow my 350z journey.

I used to drive a Honda Prelude Type-S (below). A great car and lots of fun - the sound of an engine screaming at 8k RPM is a LOT of fun. 220 BHP through the front wheels may not sound like everyones cup of tea but the Active Torque Transfer System (ATTS) differential was pretty awesome, it would slew the car round a corner (felt pretty odd but you had to trust it) and forgave a lot of stupidity!

IMG_6977_2.jpg

Unfortunately the engine was probably always slightly weak from when I bought it - it would smoke sometimes and gradually this got worse and worse until one day 'pop'. Burnt up the exhaust valves. Unsurprisingly the market for broken Preludes isn't huge so I'm facing a massive loss..... Oh well, @*!# happens!

I've always fancied a 350z and am now really looking forward to some tasteful, discreet mods. My theme will be factory - As far as possible, I want the car to look like it rolled out of Nissan that way.... but I also want it to look badass.

So now I start... A UK '03 350z GT in Gunmetal with Alezan leather interior, parking sensors and full Nismo catback (sounds outstanding!)

3a4bd815.jpg

Current plans:

• [*:15e0ib8r]Colour coded parking sensors
    [*:15e0ib8r]Matt black front lippy bit
    [*:15e0ib8r]Carbon Di-Noc rear strut brace
    [*:15e0ib8r]Leather interior refurbish
    [*:15e0ib8r]Centre console flocking
    [*:15e0ib8r]BOSE iPhone mod (this will be my own version and will be quite a comprehensive guide, will support charge + play at the same time :) )
    [*:15e0ib8r]Wheel spacers
    [*:15e0ib8r]Chipsaway to get rid of a few chips
    [*:15e0ib8r]Engine bay bling?
    [*:15e0ib8r]UPREV at some stage?

I'll post more when I can think of it :)

Mr Whippy? Go home, I like mine stubby.

e266e235.jpg

Replaced with S2k Aerial:

a54ef74b.jpg

I'm looking for an alternative to this as I want it to sit flush... so we'll see. Has anybody had success modifying the stock aerial - by sitting it in boiling water, unwrapping then recapping so it is shorter?

So these came today:

72052d01.jpg

Gliptone G11 cleaner, G12 conditioner and Scuffmaster leather dye

To repair this:

c1369be6.jpg

This process will be posted as a separate guide then linked into here (with some basic before and after)... Not sure if I can be bothered to start on it today lol

Got exactly the same box of goodies delivered the other day too.

My leather doesn't look quite as bad as yours but like yourself, am having trouble working up the enthusiasm to get it done. Seems every time I go to do it I find an excuse to drive rather than scrub ;)

I made a guide thread here: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40984&p=607465#p607465

It describes the journey I went through to get this done.. I didn't find it particuarly easy.. bad day!

Beforeish:

b57ce736.jpg

Afterish:

91454320.jpg

You'll notice I don't have the Z emblem on the strut brace yet. I ****ed up and I'm now in the process of fixing it - then I'll put it back on :)

To be honest I'm not sure I like it now... (!) But that could just be me irritated after today. I'll be happy with the Z emblem is back :)