Loves his new "practical" car....

slimjim

HA HA ... yup.

Had a LOAD of stuff to be posted which I sold on eBay (to help PAY for the car)....

Thought I was going to have to do at least TWO trips to the Post Office.

But I put ALL the parcels in (three or four BIG ones) without needing to use the front seat.

Took me FOUR trips to the PO FROM the car to take them all in!

I know there are restrictions with the strut brace... but if you can work round it, the boot is cavernous!

Just gotta get a baby seat that fits to a roof rack for it... and I will NEVER have to sell her! :lol:

I went camping a few weeks ago and fit in a 6 man tent, 2 camping chairs, cool box full of food, 2 x pillow, 2 x sleeping bags, 2 x inflatable ground matts, 2 x hiking boots, 2 x rucksacks, 1 luggage bag, 4 x disposable barbeques, 1 x luggage trolley and 1 x girlfriend.

Easy peasy!

I went camping a few weeks ago and fit in a 6 man tent, 2 camping chairs, cool box full of food, 2 x pillow, 2 x sleeping bags, 2 x inflatable ground matts, 2 x hiking boots, 2 x rucksacks, 1 luggage bag, 4 x disposable barbeques, 1 x luggage trolley and 1 x girlfriend.

Easy peasy!

HA HA ... we were only talkign about going camping the other day!

Saving some cash rather than going abroad, as all my cash has just gone on the Zed :D

And we said "Kind of a pain we will have to go camping in the A3" (Which is still a great car) rather than the Zed.

but I recon it is MORE than do-able now!

if you take the spare wheel out when you go to the PO you can get that pesky elephant in there :scare:

Yeah, always wondered about taking the spare wheel out.

Cars are coming more and more with foam cans rather than spares.

And I have never needed to use my spare wheel when I have been out and about before...

Although now I have said that... I will now! :dry:

Try travelling Europe for 10 days with clothes (partner took more than required), camping equipment, cooker, pots pans, plates, cool box, safety equipement i.e. high vis jackets, warning triangle, tools, car cleaning products, chairs, airbeds etc etc.

Okay I removed the spare wheel as well, but it all went in!! (Just!)

Try travelling Europe for 10 days with clothes (partner took more than required), camping equipment, cooker, pots pans, plates, cool box, safety equipement i.e. high vis jackets, warning triangle, tools, car cleaning products, chairs, airbeds etc etc.

That is good to know!

And could you see out of the Rear window at all? B)

100% easy to go camping in the zed! do it! you wont regret it. climbing out the tent in the morning, am i the only one who stood there in shorts and unlaced walking boots squinting in the morning sun at how pretty she is :cloud9:

Bet you were NOT the only one doing that...

Bet all the other campers in their estate cars... were also staring at it .... but just with jealousy rather than pride. ;)

That is good to know!

And could you see out of the Rear window at all? B)

I left enough room for looking out the rear view mirror. Yes there were some obstructions, although enough to see above the items in the back shelf area.

Example of gleaming car whilst camping! ;):lol:

RingCampsite.jpg

To be fair he could hold slightly more baggage, although the for the experience of the drive the Zed wins in every corner possible.

We were driving through little villages whilst on our way to Chamonx/Mont Blanc. As we sat at traffic lights people were looking at the car and taking photo's. When we were leaving Chamonix we parked the car up to get a McDougals breakfast, upon returning to the car there were about 7 people all looking at the car and a couple were taking photo's. My mate was massively jealous and said "I can't believe people are looking so much - it's not as though they've never seen a zed before". I smilled!!!!!!

We only saw two Zeds on our whole trip, a 370z whilst cruising to Paris, who I waved to but didn't get a response in return. Then a fellow 350z at the Nurburgring - he was from a different club, one that I didn't recognise. He said hello.

The amount of people that checked out my Zed during the whole trip was amazing, I felt like a superstar!!

Gota say she was looking kinda cool.....

Im getting that just driving about in my motor over here!

Only seen three on the road since buying this one...

(Usually, when you have a new car, the roads seem to be flooded with them!)

And we always get stared at!

Which is NOT for my exuberant driving style, as the last week or so I have been on a mission to get 30mpg on my display (only on 28.7 at the mo)

Feel like a super star!

Or it could be due to me looking 21 and driving a nice motor....

Which is 10(ish) years less that I am! :D