Starter questions

JonH

Hi All

I'm new on here. Thinking of buying a 350Z coupe, a standard UK car I expect. I'll take my time over it though.

I've seen the useful intro thread http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23843 but still have a few Qs. If they're already answered somewhere, sorry - please point me to the info.

Also I'm in my 40s and had a few cars so it is 350Z specific info I'm interested in rather than general car-buying advice.

350 Milestones

I've looked at parkers and seen the 3 states of engine tune offered at different times.

Are there any other milestones to be aware of, e.g. cars before a given date had some issue that was fixed later?

Versions

For UK cars there seem to be standard and GT. As far as I can see GT is just equipment and no technical differences, is that right?

Are there any other versions or significant factory/dealer technical options (LSD?) on UK cars to be aware of, to look for or to avoid.

Issues to look for.

I'll probably look at 03/04, low-mileage examples. I saw the info in the intro-thread, e.g. driveshaft clicking.

Are there any other specific 350Z things you would look out for?

Are there particular areas to check for rust on older cars?

Services

The intro thread talks about an expensive 4 year / 54k service. I'm not sure how that fits with the service schedule here http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=32277 . Is P3 the expensive one?

Are there other big jobs to look for in the service history such as timing chain / belt changes etc., and when would they be due?

Thanks in advance!

Hi All

I'm new on here. Thinking of buying a 350Z coupe, a standard UK car I expect. I'll take my time over it though.

I've seen the useful intro thread viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23843 but still have a few Qs. If they're already answered somewhere, sorry - please point me to the info.

Also I'm in my 40s and had a few cars so it is 350Z specific info I'm interested in rather than general car-buying advice.

350 Milestones

I've looked at parkers and seen the 3 states of engine tune offered at different times.

Are there any other milestones to be aware of, e.g. cars before a given date had some issue that was fixed later?

NO

Versions

For UK cars there seem to be standard and GT. As far as I can see GT is just equipment and no technical differences, is that right?

YES

Are there any other versions or significant factory/dealer technical options (LSD?) on UK cars to be aware of, to look for or to avoid.

NO

Issues to look for.

I'll probably look at 03/04, low-mileage examples. I saw the info in the intro-thread, e.g. driveshaft clicking.

Are there any other specific 350Z things you would look out for?

Banana Bar

Are there particular areas to check for rust on older cars?

NO

Services

The intro thread talks about an expensive 4 year / 54k service. I'm not sure how that fits with the service schedule here viewtopic.php?f=64&t=32277 . Is P3 the expensive one?

Are there other big jobs to look for in the service history such as timing chain / belt changes etc., and when would they be due?

Plugs at 54000

Thanks in advance!

Welcome :wave:

Thanks for that ...

Banana Bar

Welcome :wave:

A quick search tells me this is suspension. What are the symptoms?

Cheers!

bit of a knock at low speeds over small undulations ........... drives you mad ............. solution = £265 + fitting per side + VAT