Mobile Phone - Consumer rights?

KurtB

Hi,

I bought a new mobile from the o2 shop (real shop not online!). Had it just under two weeks and when I have it in my pocket, it keeps making calls and texts and going through the menu and stuff (even when its locked, it unlocks itself somehow :rant: ).

I want to change it. It was a pay as you go phone, not a contract, so should I be able to ask nicely and get it swapped, as the lock isnt really working? Or is it just tough luck?

Thanks.

Lesson to be learnt - touch screen may look cool in Minority Report etc, but not good in real life :dry: Stick with buttons!!!

My missus had an LG can't remember which but it did the same, have a close look at the instructions or google it, I did and sorted hers out, it was something to do with the media player so you could use it like an mp3 player even when it was locked, but once it turns it on everything is unlocked.

the only touch screen phone i ever liked has been the iphone with its "capacitive" screen.... i wouldnt get any touch screen phone unless it is "capacitive" all the other types are crap as you say!

Whatever you do, do not buy a resistive touch screen! :thumbdown: Period! any phone no matter how good the software is, it will make you go crazy!

the only touch screen phone i ever liked has been the iphone with its "capacitive" screen.... i wouldnt get any touch screen phone unless it is "capacitive" all the other types are crap as you say!

Whatever you do, do not buy a resistive touch screen! :thumbdown: Period! any phone no matter how good the software is, it will make you go crazy!

Im guessing capacitive are the ones where it only works with your finger, whereas resistive means you can use sylus's and stuff?