Couple of wheel related questions.....

Jak

Two questions really

1) Would a +5 Offset require Arch rolling if fitted with Tein Springs/ or indeed with Standard Ride Height

2) What sort of realistic figure could I expect in return for a good condition (Not Perfect) set of Rays without tyres?

Sorry for the short but sweet questions - am at work!

Jak

I am pretty sure that would require some arch rolling if you lowered it........ not 100% sure if you would need the arches done if you were on standard ride height.

Rays would prob go for about 350 - 380

Jay - Good point, To be honest what i thought looked like a way of getting a different set of wheels for relitivly little spend looks less and less as if it would actually be hugely cost effective - have just noticed the shipping charge! Had assumed they were here in the UK before then and would have gone to collect :blush: So add that to the probable cost of arch rolling and they aint coming out too cheap lol!

Digsy - Thanks for the input, dosnt look like its gonna workout now though anyway :thumbdown:

These were the wheels:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %26otn%3D1

Jak

Your honestly best getting a set of wheels with a good offset and something that you wont have to fiddle about with. I am having issues with spacers etc just now..... so I am looking at arch rolling or running a camber.

Yeah thats the conclusion i'm coming too - Just saw them and it got me thinking, and although i knew the offset was pretty aggressive i didnt knowif it would definatly mean modding the arches to accomodate.

Should have pointed out that they were 18's earlier though - not sure if that makes a difference.

Jak

+5 is definite arch rolling, dropped or not IMHO.

Does it not depend on the wheel width and the tyre thats being used? :)

I reckon you could get a 10J ET5 on the back running a 235 with the arch lipped, if not as standard. And upon checking the ad, those are staggered 8's and 9s', so youd have no issue making them fit. £850 isnt too bad for those wheels either IMHO :)

I reckon you could get a 10J ET5 on the back running a 235 with the arch lipped, if not as standard. And upon checking the ad, those are staggered 8's and 9s', so youd have no issue making them fit. £850 isnt too bad for those wheels either IMHO :)

235 on the back of a Zed - no thanks.

Thanks Jay - But really wanted to stay 18's maybe 19's but not 20's! Agree that they look nice though :thumbs:

Docwra - yeah the price isnt bad - though if i do have to roll the arches it'd be more obviously + Would want to keep the tyre sizes correct, just to be sure that TC is working as it should etc.

235 on the back of a Zed - no thanks.

:surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender: 235 on the rear of the zed :drive1:byebye: NOOOO thank you :doh:

Docwra - yeah the price isnt bad - though if i do have to roll the arches it'd be more obviously + Would want to keep the tyre sizes correct, just to be sure that TC is working as it should etc.

You wont need to do anything to the arches, trust me. I was running a 10J ET15 on a standard arch and using my magic offset calculator I can see you will be 3mm further in than I was and have 23mm more inner clearance. It looked like this BTW:

P1060746.jpg

please excuse weird angle. :D

I dont want to be funny here, but Im a little concerned youve got all of the advice above regarding arch mods without anyone even bothering to check the widths ........ Id call that "essential" myself ;)

As regards a 235 on the back of a 350, once again when it comes to this site I appear to be the single most outspoken person in the world on the subject of tyres, but Ive been happily running 235/18's on the back of my 400hp turbocharged driftcar with rock solid suspension, a paddle clutch and a 2 way diff. Amazingly Im not dead yet. :yawn:

IMO a 235 Bridgestone RE050 will **** all over a 255 Nankang NS2, in all conditions, for all driving styles, all of the time, but no doubt someone who has probably only ever used one make of tyres on their Z33 will be along to tell me different shortly. Flame away :p