funny noise when starting from cold!

jme 350z

sometimes when i start my z from cold it makes a real fast rattling sound which only lasts a few seconds. could sound like vales or tappets or something any one else had this or heard of it would be great to know thanks. i almost feel that its oil related as the weather is so warm maybe its had an effect.......god knows!!

I'm no expert but in my experience lots of cars rattle for a few seconds when cold and this stops when a car is warmed up a few seconds later and the part has expanded with the heat and stopped rattling.

I'd only worry if the rattling continues when warm. :thumbs:

sometimes when i start my z from cold it makes a real fast rattling sound which only lasts a few seconds. could sound like vales or tappets or something any one else had this or heard of it would be great to know thanks. i almost feel that its oil related as the weather is so warm maybe its had an effect.......god knows!!

Funny you should say that because I was just considering reporting the same thing :thumbs: . Mine’s been with me from new and although it doesn’t do it every time I do get a sort of rattle sound coming from what seems like low down on the left hand side of the engine when I start up from cold.

Don’t believe its oil level related as it doesn’t happen every time but it’s got me thinking what it could be. I’m starting to monitor just when it happens to see if I can get to a point of recreating it when at will so I can demo it to the garage.