Views on best way to sell your Z

ReaperRSX

Hey guys I've unfortunately come to the conclusion that by the end of the year I'll need to sell my Z as the looming need to purchase a house/flat is getting ever greater.

So before I start the whole selling route I'd get some input on a couple of things first.

Firstly Alloys. I currently have the Nismo LMGT alloys on my Z but unfortunately the front to are lightly curbed and there's the odd other mark but nothing to major. Now do I just sell the car with slightly scuffed alloys or suffer the costs of getting them refurbed (AND if so roughly how much would they cost given the relatively low level of damage).

Secondly body work. Again unfortunately and through no fault of my own I've had a couple of car park scrapes which have left some paitwork damage on the front and rear passenger side bumpers. Again not deep damage but certainly noticeable. Add to this there's the typical spread of stone chips on the front bumper and the odd one on the front wings. So again is it worth the costs of having it all resprayed or do people think i'll be better off selling as is and leaving the choice of a respray to the next owner.

I understand its fairly subjective and kinda depends on what I want to sell the car for so small summary fo the car. 54plate azure GT pack, with the nismo alloys and exhaust. c42k mileage with full service history and parking sensors. Just had new front discs/pads.

All thoughts are welcome.

Reaps

I think most people expect the odd bit of curbing and scuffs on paintwork.

As long as its not horrendous, just expect to be knocked down a little from the asking price... I got £500 knocked off mine from the garage I bought from due to it having similar probs...

As Al says I would be tempted to sell the wheels and exhaust seperate as although they are nice they don't always mean much to a prospective buyer.

I'm in the process of removing bits off mine so I can try sellin it that way. I've bought a standard bonnet & some oem wheels which need refurbin & the bonnet needs painting to match the car. I'll be annoyed if I do all this & still don't get interest in IMO my already cheap zed

Shaun the main problem is the age of the car. Since the 370z came out the earliest cars will suffer. Don't forget the whole range from 2002 onwards to 2008 will suffer the cost of the new model. When I bought my 56 plate last year there was a saving of 14k from new and the car was only 2 years and 9 months old. We all pride our cars no matter what age, but with the Market currently offering 07 and 08's and amazing prices it will push those cars older into further depreciation. Its one of those things. Get the best but fair price for your car, and make it clean and as presentable as possible due to the fact there may be a similar car down the road at the same price and year. Your car and the other chap should make the car as clean and presentable as possible. It's the only way in which to get the best price.

I'd guess not, all dependant on the mileage. Although like others have said, the choice in modifictions are particular to your requirements. If 3 people turned up to purchase your car, 2 out of the 3 would probably say no, as they wanted an unmodified car??

You need to prep your car so that your audience would ALL like to buy your car. Condition, age, mileage, modifications and price are all key.

I've got to be honest, I'd not buy a car with a turbo or SC already fitted. My thoughts would be the car's been thraped. But then we are talking a sports car, so yes people will give it the beans. It all depends on how often and how hard the car is driven. To see external modifications can also portray this same feeling.

Best thing you can do is start at one price like you have, and reduce as and when you feel the need. You will sell, it's just a matter of making sure your car is marketed correctly.

I personally would not be too bothered about your bonnet, I quite like it, the wheels def no no for me. I think it's just the colour really.

Think of selling the car as if you were to buy it.... that way you will get a better perspective of how it should be sold.

Good luck... I have to be honest, going to be dreading selling my car in 2-3 years time.

I doubt doing the wheels or making the paint perfect is going to add any value to the car, and be realistic about how much your going to get. you have remember brand new the Z was only £27K, a early E46 M3 which was a £40K+ can now be had for not much more than £10K, and as much as i love the Z the M3 is simply a much better car.