Rear Axle sorted

captint

So I got my axle done by the dealer today, not bad sounds much better without the clicking all the time . I also told them about my skipping Bose and asked them to replace it. They said that they could't find a problem so they would have to keep it overnight and try it in the morning, so of course I said b@ll@xs to that. I said it's an intermitant fault and they would have to take my word for it, the girl said she would speak to the manager, who approved it to be swapped over, by they said they had to send it off to Clarion in France and they would send a replacement and the manager said that he would ensure thats a new one (how I don't know) So now I have no stereo, but I of to Portugal for a week and the rest of the time I don't mind listerning to the engine :yahoo:

Mine was fixed as well 6 weeks ago, but I think I hear it clicking again on some occasions :angry:. It will only click once though, not like the old days with a bunch of clicks driving away. Not happy it comes back, did anyone get complete parts replaced or just the bolts/grease etc. ?

Fyi, it was done on both sides. At least, that's what they told me...

The rear axle click (more like a creak on occasssions) on mine appears to be sorted. What I've noticed now though is that when I start the car and the air con is on I get 1 click which sounds very similar to the axle noise.

I assume its the air con starting up but it sounds very similar to the noise that the axle used to make, but it only happens once.

Could that be the source?

The rear axle click (more like a creak on occasssions) on mine appears to be sorted. What I've noticed now though is that when I start the car and the air con is on I get 1 click which sounds very similar to the axle noise.

I assume its the air con starting up but it sounds very similar to the noise that the axle used to make, but it only happens once.

Could that be the source?

Yep, worry not mate. The aircon does make a very noisy click when it kicks in, if its just once & shuts up don't worry - they all do that :thumbs:

Mine was fixed as well 6 weeks ago, but I think I hear it clicking again on some occasions :angry:. It will only click once though, not like the old days with a bunch of clicks driving away. Not happy it comes back, did anyone get complete parts replaced or just the bolts/grease etc. ?

Fyi, it was done on both sides. At least, that's what they told me...

Mine was taken out, turned 180degs, regreased and refitted (known fix) and its been perfect ever since :teeth: