Simple Bluetooth Question

MarkW

Installed my new BT adapter on Saturday, got it working and when it works its great BUT.......

After a short period of time the bluetooth connection seems to drop.

The indicator on the BT adaptor starts off red when it first connects, and I can make and receive calls ok, but after about 5 mins it wont dial when I make a call and when I check the indicator it has gone to yellow. The only way to get it to connect again is to turn my phone off and back on again.

Im not sure whether this is a problem with the adapter or my phone (Sony Ericsson w800i). I will try it with my g/f's phone tonight if I remember but has anyone else had similar problems or got any suggestions?

This morning when i got in the car it connected fine and i didnt use it at all. By the time I got to work half hour later, the indicator light had gone yellow again. I put the phone next to the adapter so its not a distance problem!

sounds like your loosing connection with the BT adapter. Try putting the phone in the storage box beside the BT adapter and see if you still loose connection. Had this problem with my last nokia occasionally, but know got a new phone and the Bluetooth software has improved and have no problem anymore.

Thanks Guys.

Originally I was putting the phone in the cubby hole on the dash, but today I put it right next to the adaptor and it made no difference.

Ive tried all possible settings with the phone as well. Its a newish model only 6 months old so would have expected the version of BT to be OK. Definately seems to only hold the connection for about 5 mins :rant:

I'll do a google search to see if I can find any more info....

perhaps it is what beavis said where the phone is automatically turning blue tooth off. May be worth watching the phone to see what it does when the 5 mins is up.

Out of interest is the blue tooth still switched on on the phone after its disconnected from the adapter

I have got a w800i (still not got the BT adapter working though)

Anyway have you tried putting the 350z as a hands free device. Go to Settings, connectivity, bluetooth, handsfree, then click add. Hopefully this will then show the 350z. This way when you connect the w800 will go into handsfree profile.

Not sure if this will solve your problem but probably worth a try.

I have got a w800i (still not got the BT adapter working though)

Anyway have you tried putting the 350z as a hands free device. Go to Settings, connectivity, bluetooth, handsfree, then click add. Hopefully this will then show the 350z. This way when you connect the w800 will go into handsfree profile.

Not sure if this will solve your problem but probably worth a try.

Yep - already done that :D

Just changed the phone into power save mode which only allows one bluetooth connection at a time to see if it makes any difference. Cant see any settings that turn BT off after any length of time.

Off to have a play now and think I just need to watch it for 5 mins as Mike says, to see what happens!

• 2 weeks later...

Had similar loss of connection problems with bloothoth adapter and Samsung D900. Worked ok for a week then connect/disconnect issues. tried all the obvious reconnect, search, refreshing history, removing bloothooth adapter & two different phones.

My current phone is Samsung D900 and this was the one causing problems, changed back to my old Motorola SLVR connected ok!!

Changed back to Samsung which has auto connect to Nissan 350Z option when you enter car and pwer on bloothoth. This attempts twice so cancelled request and connected manually - hey presto connection and this method - rejecting auto connect and connecting manually has worked without issues for the last two weeks. :yahoo:

• 1 month later...
Worked ok for a week then connect/disconnect issues. tried all the obvious reconnect, search, refreshing history, removing bloothooth adapter & two different phones.

...............when you enter car and pwer on bloothoth. This attempts twice so cancelled request and connected manually........... rejecting auto connect and connecting manually has worked without issues for the last two weeks. :yahoo:

Top tip there, just had similar experience (BT working fine, but then stopped working when I reset the phone and it deleted all my pairings). Could not get the two to work together again (I could discover the 350z but it did not recognise it as a hands free device as the "hands free service" was unavailable).

Did the above (reject, reject, discover manually) and its now correctly working and connects automatically when I turn on the ignition so I no longer have to rediscover, untill next time, but now I know the fix.

:thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...