with/without Service History prices

darkoptics

I was hoping somebody here might be able to help, when i bought my z (04 plate roadster) the garage was going to get me a stamped service book for 3 of the 4 previous services (one of the garages had gone out of business so its fair enough that i cant get that)

but they lost the proof if servicing and now say they cant get me the service history

they offered me a warrenty in compensation but we all know how much they are worth, and ive lost all faith in the garage anyway and wouldnt take the car back there at all

so my next port of call is small claims to try and get some monetary compensation

does anyone know of anywhere on the web or anywhere that i could use to get a quote for the amount my car was worth with and without a service history so i can use that as a base

(or any other advice would be great ) - ill probably speak to nissan about the service book afterwards

thanks

Darren

Yeah as mentioned, it might be worth contacting the garage that did the servicing in the first place. When I bought mine the service book was missing, but when I contacted the Nissan garage that carried out the servicing they were happy to send me a new, stamped book free of charge.

I'm not sure if all the Nissan garages computer systems are linked, I have a feeling they're not. I know when I did it I had to contact the garage that did the work directly rather than just pop into my local and ask them to look it up.

It's worth a try anyway, at least for the years it was under warranty.

I'm not sure if all the Nissan garages computer systems are linked, I have a feeling they're not. I know when I did it I had to contact the garage that did the work directly rather than just pop into my local and ask them to look it up.

No they aren't. I bought my Z without a service book. I rang all the dealers close to the the place the first owners had it MOTed (iinfo from motinfo.gov.uk) and eventually got lucky and tracked down 3x services and they posted a stamped book out to me for £9.

If you know the names of the garages just call them up. Bear in mind your car may have had private plates on so get a list of those first (a decent HPI check will give them).