Unknown Phone Cradle?? Help

monkfish

Guys,

My zed came with a phone cradle fitted in the centre console box. (see attached pics) I haven't a clue what it is or what phone it's for. The dealer didn't know what it was for either and seemed to think it was for a Motorola V3 Razr. The thing is, it doesn't seem to have any electrical connections that the phone would plug into, but it's obviously wired to the car as you can see from the wiring loom that comes through the hole in the console box to the device.

Do any of you know what this is?? :bang:

Its the standard 350Z phnoe cradle and fits some old Nokia models.

However, you can now purchase (search this site) from Nissan Dealers a Bluetooth adaptor that fits in the cradle and will pair with any compatible Bluetooth phone, giving you a hands-free kit wired through the sound system.

If you have a MY '06 car your dealer WILL provide you with one FOC - That is if he/she can get their act together!

Hi Monkfish,

what you've got there is like a docking station for one of the old phone cradles or if you spend @£99 a BT adapter will slip into it. Thats what I bought and well worth the cash as will 'pair' with any BT phone.

All UK cars werew fitted with this phone ready docking station, and for pre MY06 cars it was an optional extra (MY06 cars BT adapter should be free)for the cradle or more recently the BT adapter which fits in seconds.

Get the Bluetooth adapter as already said. It just slots into the cradle and you can use it with any BT phone, and you can use the steering wheel controls and voice dialling etc.

Fitted mine yesterday and it seems really good :thumbs:

How stupid are some dealers, they should know basic stuff like this :bang:

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. Just one (maybe stupid) question? How did these old Nokia phones connect to that cradle? As I can't see any method of connection (from phone to cradle). Was it GPRS or BT?

Its not a nokia cradle. Its a generic adapter. Onto this the cradle fitted , again like the BT one its was about £80 to 100. There was if memory serves me right about 4 different cradles which could handle a variety of OLD mobile phones.

Liam - Cool the jets mate. I have to say again that it wasn't a Nissan dealeship, so the docking station might have been a bit alien to them. And, phone cradle confusion aside, it was by far the best car buying customer service I've had.

You guys have set me straight on the details of the unit too, so it's all good in the hood. :thumbs: