Shocks upgrade

Traktion

I'm not planning on doing this upgrade any time soon, but I heard the shock absorbers on the standard car aren't the best and wondered what people have tried/recommend instead?

I'm not looking for track spec, rock hard suspension or anything, I just wondered if there were more controlled and adjustable dampers out. Ideally, they would make a casual journey smoother and a sporting drive more controlled.

Ideas/discussion?

Myself and the Minel both have Tokico D-Spec shocks fitted with RSR Ti2000 springs. I don't know about the Minel, but I'm very very happy with mine. I imagine they would also work very well with standard springs. Since they are adjustable you can easily switch back to comfort mode, although even when setter to be stiffer than stock they are still more comfortable than stock due to the better damping. I tested them out the other week at Spa Francorchamps and Nurburgring and the improvement over stock when pushed is dramatic - coping well with the bumps and compressions of the ring, and quelling the understeer previously experienced on some of the corners at Spa. Of course the behaviour of the car will depend on the setup of the shocks. I also had to get the alignment done, since it was out after the installation.

I agree Tokico D-Specs and RS-R Ti2000's are by far the best setup unless you want to go coil over. I would go s far as saying they are just about as good. The only thing you don't get is height adjustment. Loved them on mine and light years better than standard. B)