Lost locking wheel nut key

Wookiee22

I have a nasty feeling that my locking wheel nut key is lying somewhere on the road between Nurrish's house and mine. :blush:

Will most garages have the kit to be able to whip them off without too much hassle? It's supposed to be going to the little place across the road to get the new rear discs put on in the morning, am I probably going to have to postpone until I can get this sorted?

Try your local independent tyre place, the one near me keeps a selection of these, I think it's a master set or somethng along those lines, they saved the day for a gut with a mini last time i was in there. Good luck :)

There should be a credit card size piece of paper that came with the nuts that will have the code on it. Failing that then most Nissan dealers will keep a master set which they will be able to match up and order you a new one.

There should be a credit card size piece of paper that came with the nuts that will have the code on it. Failing that then most Nissan dealers will keep a master set which they will be able to match up and order you a new one.

Not seen that, but will have a dig through the paperwork in my folder!

My Nissan dealer couldnt help, and neither could a few tyre places when I had this problem. Many wouldnt want to use any tools to get them off for fear of damaging the wheels.

If you find yourself in that situation (hopefully you wont), there is a tool that the AA have which can be found here: http://www.lockingwheelnutremover.co.uk ... glish.html

If you know a friendly AA man he may be able to help, failing that then this tool will get them off without damaging wheels or the locking nuts. Its brilliant.

I tried chiseling, reverse threaded sockets, air guns and small sized sockets, all sorts. I visited the company above and used this tool and they were off in 2 minutes with no damage at all.

Resolved!

The garage weren't happy to have a crack at getting them of for fear of damaging the wheels. Headed over to the Nissan Dealer at Ilkeston, they had a master set of keys and I now have a replacement on order, should be in stock by the morning. Cost £17.

EOT in Oct but on R+R in 3 or so weeks. Can't come soon enough tbh. Won't see the Zed til the end though.

Is it true the R+R clock doesn't start ticking until you actually reach the UK now? Sounds like a much better system if it is!

Keep safe and enjoy the break, your liver won't know what's hit it!

Many wouldnt want to use any tools to get them off for fear of damaging the wheels.

trader on here removed mine after i lost my locking nuts, peeled a burr of aluminium off the rays with no apology or refund offered. I didn't kick up a fuss at the time though as they needed a refurb anyway, in hind sight I should have tbh :dry: Lesson learned; make sure they are willing to take responsibilty if they damage your wheels before they start.

Many wouldnt want to use any tools to get them off for fear of damaging the wheels.

trader on here removed mine after i lost my locking nuts, peeled a burr of aluminium off the rays with no apology or refund offered. I didn't kick up a fuss at the time though as they needed a refurb anyway, in hind sight I should have tbh :dry: Lesson learned; make sure they are willing to take responsibilty if they damage your wheels before they start.

Good point! :thumbs:

Resolved!

The garage weren't happy to have a crack at getting them of for fear of damaging the wheels. Headed over to the Nissan Dealer at Ilkeston, they had a master set of keys and I now have a replacement on order, should be in stock by the morning. Cost £17.

Ilkeston! Ahhh thats where i got my Zed from....good bunch of lads up there........sorry, i meant to say BUNCH OF USELESS TW@TS!! Mate, i'm surprised that they didnt destroy your wheel and then charge you for it! :rant:

Resolved!

Ilkeston! Ahhh thats where i got my Zed from....good bunch of lads up there........sorry, i meant to say BUNCH OF USELESS TW@TS!! Mate, i'm surprised that they didnt destroy your wheel and then charge you for it! :rant:

I'll be honest, I didn't let them touch anything. One of the sales assistant bods watched as I tried the various keys.