Scratch Removal

350z999

Hi all,

I have a GM colour car and I want to buy some products to restore the colour in certain areas where it the paint is thinner (stone chips on bumper, slight scuff on side panel etc)

I have tried waxing etc but it simply cleans the area, I cannot seem to find a 'touch up' that will match my colour car. I have read on the forums but still slightly clueless!

Some help is needed please!! :wacko:

just go to Nissan and get some touch up paint.

Wax is a paint protector. Best option if you have quite a few stone chips along with the scuff is a bit of a respray. Cheapest way is prob Chipsaway, You also get discount with them if you are a AA member

Mine's Universal Silver not Gun Metal, but a couple of weeks ago I bought both the Nissan touch-up stick and a touch up kit from paints4u (http://www.paints4u.com/productsByCat.a ... egoryID=42)

Nissan ordered the touch-up stick(s) based on my reg and colour code of K23 as they were out of stock.

paints4u sent me the kit based on my car details and also colour code.

The Nissan was ok (cost £4.95), but for me the paints4u one (£13.98 for the kit) was much better. I was really suprised how good the match was. They make up sprays and all sorts. I would certainly buy stuff from them, but still use a proper bodyshop for anything more than the odd scratch.

Wes

• 2 weeks later...

I had a few minor scratches on mine (bushes, country lane) I took it to a bodyshop and they suggested a mop and polish. Did the whole car and now it is gleaming. Not sure how deep these are but it is always worth dropping by a local one (look inyell.co.uk) and talking it thorugh with them, you can usually find someone on the shop floor that is helpful.

I only just got my touch up pen from Nissan today, I've gone over the front bumper and am very pleased with the colour match. The trouble with touch up pens is that, where they will restore the colour, they will never leave a perfectly smooth finish that blends seamlessly with the rest of the paint. That said, I can now look at the front of my car and only see a couple of blemishes rather than lots of little white specks.

As for scuffs etc, post your location and maybe a member with a machine polisher might be able to help you out. These will go some way to removing minor marks in the clearcoat, but if too deep, as previously said, you'd be best off going to chips away.