Why I've been quiet this week... (Ring content)

Ekona

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to say he didnt do it as fast as he did. :blush:

I was just curious, as I timed my bridge to gantry laps from the Billi bridge to Audi bridge.

I just wanted to make sure I was correct :) he's waaaay faster than my time.. best i managed was a 10:44 - on my 3rd lap. Only managed 4 laps in total and 3 of them we had to slow due to accidents!

Thanks fro clearing it up. B)

Its a fantastic place that everyone should visit at least once in their lives! :thumbs:

Good writeup and nice vid :thumbs: Would love to give it a go!

Think you need more then 10-20 laps to get comfortable with all those corners! :scare:

Few Q's:

1, you lowered the PSi in the tires or did you not bother?

2, what brake fluid are you running?

3, what compound on the front pads are you running?

4, how much is left of the front pads after a run around the ring?

5, what would you change if you go again, bar bringing the lock nut for the wheels :D

:evil:

Hate overheated tires... boring. Do they have a nice blue ring around them now? :headhurt: (overheat)

Quickest time I managed to get was a 9:38 BTG which I'm happy with given it was my first time

That's faster than I do it on Forza 3 :lol:

I couldnt keep it on the track on forza 3 ;) it was more like a rally special stage haha :thumbs:

5, what would you change if you go again, bar bringing the lock nut for the wheels :D

1. I run 34F and 35R for both road and track. I was tempted to drop the rears a smidge on the day when they started to slip through heat, but looking at the sidewall wear I left them alone.

2. Endless RF-650. Not cheap given they used to use it in the Honda F1 cars, but it's proved to be worth every penny and the fluid is still looking & feeling good.

3. Front compound is the PF 01 on matching PF discs, and I'm using PF Z pads on the rear with OEM discs.

4. Loads and loads, I absolutely love these pads! Minimal dust, tons of stopping power & fade resistance, and they've now seen two UK trackdays + the Ring and I've barely touched them.

5. Given a healthy budget, I'd change the suspension for something a bit harder but without going much lower to save the front bumper, and I'd love to go for six-pot front and 4-pot rear brakes. Oh, and a supercharger to be able to keep up with the quicker metal! :lol:

Realistically though that would almost be a bit pointless as a Roadster (and a 350Z in general really) isn't the best place to start for making a Ring weapon, so I'll probably just fit a set of harnesses to give me more feel from the car and enjoy it as a fast road rather than a track. If I'd have had a few more weekends available before I'd gone the harnesses would most likely have been in, just a shame time didn't allow. :(

1. I run 34F and 35R for both road and track. I was tempted to drop the rears a smidge on the day when they started to slip through heat, but looking at the sidewall wear I left them alone.

2. Endless RF-650. Not cheap given they used to use it in the Honda F1 cars, but it's proved to be worth every penny and the fluid is still looking & feeling good.

3. Front compound is the PF 01 on matching PF discs, and I'm using PF Z pads on the rear with OEM discs.

4. Loads and loads, I absolutely love these pads! Minimal dust, tons of stopping power & fade resistance, and they've now seen two UK trackdays + the Ring and I've barely touched them.

5. Given a healthy budget, I'd change the suspension for something a bit harder but without going much lower to save the front bumper, and I'd love to go for six-pot front and 4-pot rear brakes. Oh, and a supercharger to be able to keep up with the quicker metal! :lol:

Realistically though that would almost be a bit pointless as a Roadster (and a 350Z in general really) isn't the best place to start for making a Ring weapon, so I'll probably just fit a set of harnesses to give me more feel from the car and enjoy it as a fast road rather than a track. If I'd have had a few more weekends available before I'd gone the harnesses would most likely have been in, just a shame time didn't allow. :(

:evil: sounds good, maybe it's only the rear that needs replacing?

5, lol :dance: