Reporting Posts

Stew

There are a few functions of the forum that aren't used as often as they could be. One of these is the 'Report Post' function. It is located on every post made next to the quote button and is an exclamation mark.

So what does it do? Well it alerts the moderators to a post that users might find inappropriate or against forum rules. Due to the forum being so busy it is very easy to overlook posts at times. This highlights it for attention to the team.

What happens then? The moderator team will be able to view the report that has been sent and take the appropriate action if required. If a report has already been raised on a particular post then an extra one will not be generated. You will receive an email saying that it has been closed and will pass on the name of the mod that closed the report.

Am I a grass? Not at all, you are an informer..... Kidding, you are assisting the moderator team to do their job of upholding the forum rules and making this place nice to spend time on. The chances are if you find a post offensive or inappropriate others will do too.

Will people know? No. The only people that can see the report are the moderator team. Nobody else can see the report or who has reported the post.

This is set up to benefit club members stopping offensive posts or posts that breach other forum rules Click here to view Forum Rules

The team would appreciate your help by using this function however it should not be abused.

Obviously you can also use the PM function to contact the Team but if you do please include a link.

Oh and thanks to all those that reported this post. I've tried to ban myself but it won't let me!

Good to see people know how to use the feature, no excuses for not reporting stuff now ;)