Help removing contaminant from bonnet.

kazman

Hello.

Typically, 2 weeks after having my bonnet resprayed i have a strange pink spot about 1mm in size on it I noticed it when i finished washing the car.

The spot will not come off by rubbing a fingernail over it, but it certainly feels like it is proud of the paintwork. I am fairly confident it was not there immediately after the respray (and i dont think they would have sprayed a pink coat).

So with that in mind, cany anyone advise me on what i should try and use to remove it? T -Cut? Or should i be looking at something else. Whatever it is, it seem really fixed on.

Thanks.

Is a claybar able to provide the extra abrasion required that a fingernail etc cannot then? Never used one before!

Is it all fairly self explanatory regarding its use?

Thanks.

In a word yes. Its very easy to use and you will be surprised what it can remove. Make sure you use plenty of lube.

On a side note have you tried a bit of polish or a paint cleaner like lime-prime?

The only polish i have is T Cut. I'm a bit hesitant to use it as i have removed clear coat before with it (though that was trying to get a deep scratch out).

I see halfords do a meguiars kit for £25.... is that the sort of thing i require?