Car door guard

M13KYF

Has anybody seen a better looking version of this

http://doordefender.com/car_and_truck_d ... ctors.html

After receiving yet another bleeding dink in the car park, and yes I take ages selecting the best spot. I thought of a magnetic door guard that you could put along the door while you are parked up and could easily remove when you return.

Had a nosey around on the net can found doorfender was the nearest toi what I was thinking of but it looks butt ugly. I was after something more slender that you see as standard fit on most cars.

Any pointers?

Dave at denttec, here I come

Being honest, you would need something that covered the whole car.

When I had the MG ZR that I sold in June, I only had it a week and some a*** had dented the rear quarter when it was left in a public car park.

Something like that is just going to bring attenetion to the car and the jealous ***** out there will probably try to damage it on purpose.

I've had tow now and they both been on the door so I thought at least if you could protect the door you've gone a long way to stopping it.

If the guards were not as deep and made of rubber which is magnectic backed, think they wouldn't look that ugly while you parked up. In theoerty they prob only need to be 1cm deep by 4cm high and run the lenght of the door. They could even have a tapered of end to make it look a bit more stylish.

Fit a sensitive proximity sensor to it, that'll scare anyone who gets close, either personally or with their door!!

It's a nice idea Mike, but do think it would attract attention. And would you really take the time to use them EVERY time you parked?

I would take the time in the car park. I take enough time selecting a spot, whats two more mins.

I'm the same with car parks mate, the missus always tuts at me for it. But its gotta be done.

What about them things they have in bowling alleys? Now that'd look nice........

I would take the time in the car park. I take enough time selecting a spot, whats two more mins.

I'm the same with car parks mate, the missus always tuts at me for it. But its gotta be done.

What about them things they have in bowling alleys? Now that'd look nice........

or get one of them old dingys that you used to play in as a kid and put over your car? :p

I agree. My fitness has improved no end since getting the Zed, walking from the far end of every car park!!

I can just see that 'popping in for a pint of milk' results in a swift run in and returning with a ding and the protectors still in the boot!