Need more help :(

daveyboy10

Last week I was told i needed some new pads (MOT test centre said 85% worn) so im pretty much taken to the idea of buying yellowstuff pads.....The question is, should I replace my discs at the same time??? Im thinking the Ultimax discs, are these any good??

In terms of the current condition of my discs, I dont think there is a lip on them or any signs of excess wear...

Plus would yellowstuff pads work well with ultimax discs??

Thanks so much for your help, like wise with helping with the pads a couple of weeks ago.

Why replace your disks if they don't need it? Really I wouln't bother!

I've got ultimax and yellowstuff and although they work I don't think they are the best combo. There's been talk of yellowstuff not working well with grooved discs. I think the best combo for ultimax discs is probably Ferodo DS. Go with those pads!

I've currently got the Yellowstuff pads and Ultimax disc combo on my Zed and have been very pleased with the stopping power compared to the standard setup ...

Got mine supplied and fitted by CS and I'm Very happy with them!

:thumbs:

Oh and the Ultimax discs look so much nicer than normal discs too!

I run yellowstuffs and turbogrooves and have absolutely no issues with yellowstuffs on the road or a yellowstuff and grooved disk combo.

They do fade on track but they clearly state on the EBC site that the coefficient of friction drops from 0.51 at cold to 0.21 at high temps hence the fade - usually takes 10 - 15 hard mins to fade. on track.

If you plan to go on track get some DS2500's coefficient of friction is 0.42 up to 800 degrees IIRC.

The DS2500's are about £60 more expensive but worth it if going on track.

If you do change the discs make sure you check runouts or 3 - 4k miles down the line you may have to go get the discs skimmed on the car (about £60 per axle)