Roadster questions

bigbramble

Just a couple of questions for you roadster owners.

1) How much driver room is there? I am 6'4" and I had no problem with a coupe but the roadster has some kind of bulkhead right behind the back seats.

2) Can you disable the passenger airbag (I have young children that may occasionally be allowed in the car :D)

Thanks in advance, Anthony.

Hi Mate,

I am 6'6". I don't know the headroom measurements but, having sat in the Coupe a while ago (and I now own a Roadster) I think the Roadster has even more headroom than the Coupe! The Roadster is fine for headroom, I can sit up straight in it.

Thinking back, the Coupe had full leather seats whereas mine are leather with the vented mesh which might be a bit more "bucketed" than the full leather, so try both.

Having bought the car 2 months ago I've only used the roof a couple of times anyway!!! :thumbs:

No idea on the airbag sorry.

Good luck

Hi, I'm 6'4" and carry a little excess weight....

Comfort wise the only thing I've found in my roadster but this is fairly typical of most cars I've driven is the fact my knee's are close to the steering wheel this is with the seat almost fully back (i prefer to lean slightly backwards).

With the roof up there's plenty of clearance but with the roof down I do feel the wind quite a bit on the very top of my head/hair.

On longer journeys I find it quite comfortable but find after about 90 to 120 minutes I'm ready for a stop and stretch of the legs.

My seats are the GT leather ones, not sure this makes any difference at all.

I cant believe Mr Orange you have hardly used your roof in the last couple of months... I think mine has been down more than up even driving into work for 7am :teeth:

Cheers

I am only a short ar&e compared to you giants but I had no issues with the ragtop, it's a great comfy car and best ragtop or the money. I wouldn't recommend putting children in the front seat as mentioned you can't switch the airbags up they are not just in the dash but also in the seats remember . Good luck with it anyway :D

I cant believe Mr Orange you have hardly used your roof in the last couple of months... I think mine has been down more than up even driving into work for 7am :teeth:

Cheers

heheh we mean the same thing, I haven't used it as in it's not been up!! roof down round town, roof down on the motorway, roof down on some private land doing 120+ and it was still totally fine with the roof down!

Best thing is on the warmer evenings, roof down when it's dark!