Anyone recognise what type of connector this is?

rfrancsics

Hi Zedsters!

Am 2/3rds the way thru a complete audio overhaul including a DIY boot-build ( pics to follow). Would like to 'tap' into the OEM loom in the boot for the ( new) front speakers only and run them from the Front R+L Channels of an Alpine MRP-F300 amp- I'm am too scared to try and cut thru the door connecters and run new wire.

Having removed the BOSE amp in the boot I'm presented with this connector to the speaker loom from the back of the amp.

Would anybody recognise what spec this connector is and where I might be able to get it's opposing fitting connector (possibly with a loom attached- even a custom fabrication). I'd prefer to be able to just 'plug-in' rather the 'chop-in' to the loom so everything could be put back to its original state in the future.

Cheers.

if its a plug from the car side (nissan loom), you've got naff all chance mate as they will be from connector suppliers selected by nissan from a huge catalogue.

best bet is sit down and have a practice at soldering on some scrap wire.

buy some heat shrink and a decent soldering iron and splice in that way :)

I think you might be right! Cheers for the RS-Online tip. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything even vaguely resembling this plug.

However if I do come across its 'partner' I'll let you know- I couldn't have been the first to have stared at it wondering what it could be.