M42 Hard Shoulder

Jacko

Good idea in theory but I wouldn't want to break down when all four lanes are open. Says they can shut lanes in seconds - will only add to confusion IMO :surrender:

Yeah they might be able to shut down the overhead notification that the lane is now not open, but what about the 70yr old muppet tootling along in that lane already, not going to jump out straight away are they...... :blush:

Mind you, they would be in the middle lane of the main carriageway anyway ;)

But I would be interested how they plan to ensure that people move out of that lane sharpish......

me too - i dont like the sound of this. surely it means the lane closes anyway if there is a breakdown... and i'd hate to be sat on the hard shoulder on a bend, waiting the the nexty car to come around the corner at '70' ....

Well the article states that the max speed will be 50mph and there is variable speed gatso's all the way along there so might get adhered to.....

But I wouldn't like to test. Mind you, you should ALWAYS get out of your car if on the hard shoulder anyway.

Another thing, has anyone ever had to pull over on the hard shoulder? The amount of crap thats on it, would make the stone chips on my car look like nothing! :blush:

Another thing, has anyone ever had to pull over on the hard shoulder? The amount of crap thats on it, would make the stone chips on my car look like nothing! :blush:

Yep (although fortunately in the Z only for a wazz!), shocking isn't it, ah well I'd rather all that crap be on the shoulder than on the road!

Yep (although fortunately in the Z only for a wazz!), shocking isn't it, ah well I'd rather all that crap be on the shoulder than on the road!

I think that may be illegal Andy! :surrender:

I think that may be illegal Andy! :surrender:

Hey when nature calls and there's no services in sight theres no choice. I always reason that if caught I'd ask what would they rather I do? Swerve all over the road? :thumbs:

EDIT: just re-read my previous post - I meant crap thats already on the shoulder as in debris and not that I was having a crap there. No, I think I'd always be able to wait for the services for that!!