Can't get my dash flush! (Aftermarket HU)

friddela

I installed an after market Pioneer head unit a couple of weeks ago, I had the usual trouble of fitting the cables round the back etc. and got extremely frustrated and just wanted the thing in.

Anyway, as a result the dash isn't flush at the top. Now, I have the GPS signal cable coming out the top of the dash (just behind the trip) and the microphone for the handsfree coming out the side, this could be the problem. So, to the people who have similar units, where do you run the mic and gps signal? I was going to run the mic up the trim but haven't got the faintest idea how to do that.

Also, I believe I am short of screws, I haven't attached the HU to the Dash trim, if that makes sense. I basically put the HU in first, screwed it in then fitted the dash trim on top of that. Having said that, it's flush at the bottom so don't believe that's the issue.

Any advice would be brilliant! :thumbs:

I've still got the Bose but had the dash out to fit Nurrish's satnav. It has never fitted correctly and always pulls away slightly at the top, meaning that it doesn't fit flush lower down. I'm forever pushing the top back in near the base of the windscreen. Very annoying!

make 2 notches in your trim for the wires to sit in where they come out.

Yep, it'll be the wires coming out from the surround that means it doesn't sit flush. Alternatively, leave the GPS antenna behind the dash on top of the cubby box - that works just as well and means no wires can be seen. I put my microphone wire behind the dash and up the A pillar to the headlining.

I also didn't screw the HU to the dash trim - just screw the HU in and then slot the dash over the top as you have - and no problems with mine :thumbs:

make 2 notches in your trim for the wires to sit in where they come out.

Yep, it'll be the wires coming out from the surround that means it doesn't sit flush. Alternatively, leave the GPS antenna behind the dash on top of the cubby box - that works just as well and means no wires can be seen. I put my microphone wire behind the dash and up the A pillar to the headlining.

I also didn't screw the HU to the dash trim - just screw the HU in and then slot the dash over the top as you have - and no problems with mine :thumbs:

Ditto, Pioneer GPS antenna works fine from inside the dash sitting under the gauge cluster.

Mic wire I fed through the holes on the right of the centre console to under the steering wheel (bit fiddly with fat fingers but persevered) then up the A pillar. Mostly invisible except when the vibrations bounce the wire out of one of the cracks occasionally.