Detailing From The Word Go

geoff-r

Have a look at this Geoff mate, I've bought some Mcguiars stuff because of this thread! :thumbs:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=37618

I got one of these yesterday in the post Chris, shame royal mail obliterated it in the post lol.

Right I got a load of products, bought the small DoDo SN wax to see what it's like before I buy a big pot, I have no doubt that I will be amazed from the comments. Just wondering if I should give all these products a whirl on my workhorse civic before I attack the 370. I know the civic would be a more rewarding job as it's 10 years old and the paint is somewhat dulling whereas the 370 is brand new.

Have a look at this Geoff mate, I've bought some Mcguiars stuff because of this thread! :thumbs:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=37618

I got one of these yesterday in the post Chris, shame royal mail obliterated it in the post lol.

Right I got a load of products, bought the small DoDo SN wax to see what it's like before I buy a big pot, I have no doubt that I will be amazed from the comments. Just wondering if I should give all these products a whirl on my workhorse civic before I attack the 370. I know the civic would be a more rewarding job as it's 10 years old and the paint is somewhat dulling whereas the 370 is brand new.

If the Civic is in that condition I would say you are likely to need different stuff in the first few steps to get it sorted. ie a polish with more cut in etc. Otherwise, go for it if you fancy giving it the once over. But the stuff you have bought can't cause damage to your 370 unless you do something really silly :)

Mate the dirt that came off my civic using the clay is unreal! The lower half of the car must have been covered in tar which was so fine it couldn't really be seen, you could certainly tell the parts that were cleaner than others, it goes from being quite rough when you start claying it to smoothing out nicely. Just wash, clayed, lime juiced and black holed my civic, gotta go out now but I will wax it later with the Dodo SN. I suppose this is more of a trial of the products and if I had more time I would have machine polished the civic and got some 2000 on some of the scratches. So far given the time and tools available I am very happy with the finish, that Poorboy's black hole is truly amazing stuff!

Poorboys stuff is vastly under used and unknown on here. You're on to a winner ;)

I like poorboys gear too. All very easy to use and very reasonable money.

Geoff, you get the blackfire stuff I recommended? That topped on blackhole is soooooooo good. It's a combo I'm not even attempting to better right now as for the money they cost I think it's a total winner and I'd have to spend serious coin to better it.