Car audio system, without the car. Help please!

nicon2k

Hi guys.

I am hoping that someone with mad electronic skills can give me a hand here. I have some pretty nice Sony ICE kit just lying around (A head unit, an amp and two 6x9's). I am going to a festival in germany next month and i was hoping to cobble the above together to make make a speaker system. I was going to build a wooden box with wheels and mount it all on that.

The wood bit i am fine with but i am not sure what i am doing when it comes to the electricals. What i want to end up with is a system that can play standing alone (From a car battery) and that can be recharged and play from the mains as we will have a generator.

Any advice on the best way of being this or potential problems would be great!

Thanks in advance.

If you try and mount everything in/on wood your biggest problem is going to be unwanted electrical noise.

Mount all of the main parts in/on aluminum. Either get a sheet of it, or better still a box or chassis. You can buy it from RS Components (search the interweb).

Even with a metallic chassis, make sure that all of your earthing is good between the units.

Put a suitable sized (amperage) fuse in the supply lead, particularly if you are running from a battery.

Get one thing going at a time, don't go connecting it all up and expecting it to work first time.

Have fun... :band:

S.