EBC Discs & Pads- Funny noise - UPDATED (not good)

James B

If you're near Northampton you should. They gave me a number for somone that skims the discs for them for free.

Surprising they should have that relationship with someone if its such a rare occurance?! :thumbdown:

Only problem is its way too far for me to go so I'm getting Abbey to do it for me. Either way I dont think I'll be getting EBC next time.

I spoke to a Andrew Bartosiak at EBC brakes when I had the problem and he also said they would skim them for free if I could make it there - erm, hello I live in Glasgow. He said to phone some of the companys on the website which I did but they wanted £50 a corner to skim the discs!!!!!!

My new brake set up is lucky to have seen anyway near 2000 miles and was taken off the road not that long after the show season. I have emailed this guy back and asked why other people who have bought the same product as me are having the same problem when others who buy DBA and Performance Friction are not. I am not letting this go.....I know they are a cheaper option but its still like £400.

I expect his reply to be because DBA and Performance Friction are good. :lol:

Infact here is a copy of my first letter:

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Craig Bissett and I am the owner of a Nissan 350z.

I have always liked and used EBC products so when it came to the point that my brake discs needed replaced, I opted for EBC Turbo grooved discs (Brembo fitting) for the front and rear of the car. New pads were fitted at the same time these were added to my car

These were bought from Cougar Store and fitted a month or so later by my garage. Your recommended bed in procedure was also followed. The discs have been on my car for approx 900 miles and only used on public roads. However, they have developed brake judder to the extent that it can be felt through the steering even under minimal braking.

I hope you can assist me with this matter as I have spent what I believe to be a great deal of money on front and rear rotors which I am at present dissatisfied with. Should you wish me to provide any photos or documentation proving purchase, I will be able to forward this.

Many thanks,

Craig Bissett

Infact here is a copy of my first letter:

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Craig BXXXXX and I am the owner of a Nissan 350z.

I have always liked and used EBC products so when it came to the point that my brake discs needed replaced, I opted for EBC Turbo grooved discs (Brembo fitting) for the front and rear of the car. New pads were fitted at the same time these were added to my car

These were bought from Cougar Store and fitted a month or so later by my garage. Your recommended bed in procedure was also followed. The discs have been on my car for approx 900 miles and only used on public roads. However, they have developed brake judder to the extent that it can be felt through the steering even under minimal braking.

I hope you can assist me with this matter as I have spent what I believe to be a great deal of money on front and rear rotors which I am at present dissatisfied with. Should you wish me to provide any photos or documentation proving purchase, I will be able to forward this.

Many thanks,

Craig Bissett

Mate, why did you XXXXX your name at the top and then put your full name at the bottom :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:bang: